What MUST Happen in Book 7?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Stumpy » Friday 22 July 2005 2:53:19pm

sorry i'd like to see longbottom take on sanpe and win
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Fweegal » Friday 22 July 2005 2:58:33pm

I would love to see someone beat the holy shite out of Snape. But that's because I don't like him!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

things that need revealing in the last book

Postby Sara8830 » Friday 22 July 2005 7:38:08pm

Yes, I would like to see Longbottom take out Snape... he was the thing Neville feared the most with the bogart.

Reveal to us the importance of the dementors breeding and all the mist.

Reveal to us why Luna says such crazy things and is any of it actually true?

Reveal to us if Snape is Evil or Good or Both. Would like some explanation of why Snape did not allow Harry to be killed when fleeing. He easily killed Dumbledoor without any snide remarks, which is uncommonly out of character for Snape. Why not go ahead and kill Harry. I understand why he took & protected Draco... the unbreakable vow he made.

Reveal to us why it is that Kreacher, even against the rules of house elves, agreed to be passed in ownership to Harry?

Reveal to us why, DD finally offered Snape the DADA position after all these years.
Sara8830
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Pattenrond » Friday 22 July 2005 8:35:51pm

Remember that Neville COULD have been the Chosen One, if Voldemort hadn't attacked Harry... That surely means that Neville has another part to play in the last book. I think we'll see him again, maybe to save Harry's life in the last battle? Who knows...
Pattenrond
Squib

Another thing that should be revealed

Postby Sara8830 » Friday 22 July 2005 8:47:43pm

Yes, Neville COULD have been the chosen one... and in that whole dialog with DD and Harry about the prophecy. Voldermort chose to believe the prophecy and chose to think Harry was the One, thus by his reactions he set in motion all the things that will inevitably pit them against each other to the death... he could have just as well chosen Neville. That portion of the book was a little complex. I had to read it twice to make sure I got it.

Also, with the next book... Reveal to us the importance of the fist chapter of HBP.
Sara8830
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby dibble2 » Sunday 24 July 2005 3:19:08am

Neville's got to take on Bellatrix. Poetic justice, and there would be cheers ringing out across the globe if Neville was the one to finish her. Maybe a little bit of the Cruciatus curse for added effect...
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Sunday 24 July 2005 4:38:12am

Yeah I also think Neville should kill Bellayrix as revenge for his parents... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby thestral » Sunday 24 July 2005 11:31:10am

sara8830 wrote:Also, with the next book... Reveal to us the importance of the fist chapter of HBP.

JK revealed the importance of that in several of her interviews, it just shows how the muggle and magical worlds interconnect and how one world affects the other, for a fuller answer than that go read JK's interview, there's tons in it, it really good. the link is:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

book 7

Postby Great Wyrm Keeper » Monday 25 July 2005 8:14:18am

the horcruxes must be searched out and destroyed (i bet at least one is still on hogwart's grounds) + some other loose ends must be tied up.
Great Wyrm Keeper
Squib

Horcruxes

Postby Poseidon_IX » Monday 25 July 2005 8:35:35am

I dont think that Harry will spend the entirety of the 7th book hunting and destroying the remaining Horcruxes. It would make a repeditive script, and besides - if R.A.B. got to one of the Horcruxes, surely they/he/she/it would be able to get to the others. I doubt Harrys wizardry powers are strong enough to destroy them (as they almost killed DD). I think it will probably turn out that Harry has to find 1 or 2.

Alot of people dislike Snape. I am one of the (many?) few that think he is still a 'good' guy, and I believe that JKR will reveal in the 7th book the grand story of Snape, and the major part he still has to play.

The 7th book could be very large.
Last edited by Poseidon_IX on Monday 25 July 2005 1:03:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poseidon_IX
Muggle

Postby Broccoli » Monday 25 July 2005 11:02:10am

I just thought: what if book 7 is going to be about 10 years and not just one as usual?? Harry thought, after all, that it could take him several months, a year or 10 years to find all the horcruxes.

Anyway, we can be quite sure that Harry will visit the Dursleys first and then attend to Bill's wedding. He will aslo probably visit his parents' house and I hope that we will learn more about their deaths. I also think there is a big possibility that "something belonging to Gryffindor", one of the horcruxes, is hidden there or that Voldemort tried to find it there before killing the Potters.

Sara8830 wrote:
Reveal to us why, DD finally offered Snape the DADA position after all these years.

it could be just because he wanted Slughorn to teach again, so he needed the position of a Potions teacher to be free.
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

JKR interview

Postby Poseidon_IX » Monday 25 July 2005 1:00:05pm

I found a link somewhere to an interview last week done with JKR on this website. Im sure most of you have seen it, its quite long, with alot of questions answered.

I just read it tonight, and I am rethinking some of my theories over, especially after reading this bit here;

"MA: Does the gleam of triumph still have yet to make an appearance?

JKR: That's still enormously significant. And let's face it, I haven’t told you that much is enormously significant, so you can let your imaginations run free there.

ES: I think everybody realized it was significant when they read it but we didn’t see it materialize in 5 or 6.

JKR: Well, it still is.

ES:We’ve been kind of waiting for the big revelation.

JKR: Absolutely, that's for seven. That's for seven."

I am sure she is meaning the part in GoF where Harry comes back after witnessing the rise of Voldemort. Harry tells DD that Voldemort can now 'touch him', and Harry notices a Gleam of Triumph in DD's eyes.

I always thought this was significant, but after a while (years in fact), the importance of it seemed to die down for me, I just put it down as a misinterpretation of DD by Harry.

Does DD think its a good thing that Voldemort can now touch Harry? Why?
If this part is so important, I think DD will play a major part in the 7th book, be he alive or dead.

Though, one thing is for sure, after reading that interview, I am more confused than I was before.
Oh, and if you haven't read the interview, do it, as its a good read. - Heres the link :)
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml
Poseidon_IX
Muggle

Postby Froggs » Monday 25 July 2005 1:58:45pm

Humph, I had forgotten about that particular gleam...interesting...
Froggs
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Monday 25 July 2005 2:08:06pm

i never forgot about that gleam it's just always niggled me. i always knew it was going to be enormously significant, otherwise it wouldn't have been there, slipped in and then gone again. but i never could even begin to speculate on the meaning of it, or come up with any theory on it.

i don't have a clue, it just niggles me and i'm like "WHY?!?". so i'm just waiting for JK to write it and then i'll fall off my seat in shock, cos it'll be one of the blinding "oh my god that's what happened!!!" moments. and you slap yourself on the head for not seeing it before.
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Fweegal » Monday 25 July 2005 2:13:36pm

I can't remember that part of the book. Could someone maybe post the excerpt, if possible?
Thanks!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Theories