Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:06:56pm

I think every, bar LV hopes that DD will be back in some shape or form in the next book
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:08:47pm

Maybe McGonagall doesn't! Enjoying the trappings of power at last after God knows how long.

Rita Skeeter is sure to have some part to play, or maybe I'm wrong...
Unregistered Animagus, after all.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:24:09pm

Stumpy wrote:nop he'll come over to the good side but i hope she does get a swing at him

You'll have to bear with me on this, thinking out loud..

Do you think Malfoy will come onto the good side then? Just checking. The fact that he's gutless means that LV will not be pleased that he did not carry out the killing of DD and he doesn't just banish people so you could be right on this. Narcissa also seems to have a couple good traits as well doesn't she.. But to get him/them on the good side, I reckon it will almost be a case of Harry/Hermione saving him/them. Does that make sense?

I don't know I'm not quite convinced Draco will emerge on the good side yet, think I need a bit more convincing.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:25:43pm

I don't see him coming onto the "good" side. He's a snivelling little coward.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:32:15pm

yeah maybe a little bit more convincing, what lead me to believe this was that he lowered his wand even tho his parents and his own life could be over + the crying. the fact thats he's a coward shows he's not really what LV wants.
yeah i no wot u mean and i agree
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:39:26pm

He's all mouth isn't he. He joined up because he didn't want to let his dad down but he didn't know what he was getting into.

I think we need clarification in the final book about how LV got him to sign up as a DE.

I reckon the only way out of it for him is if Harry kills LV. Draco knew that DD would be helping Harry and he was also scared of DD as LV was. I think Draco saw an opportunity to show everyone that he's not scared to do something that LV was but then when it came to it he couldn't because of his own fear.

This book is going to be a mile wide!!!
Last edited by Snow_Crystal on Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:40:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:39:32pm

Plus, Hermione detests him.

At least Harry takes some joy from teasing him. They even have a rapport going at times.

But Hermione absolutely cannot stand him.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:01:11pm

I just read something Stumpy wrote in another feed

Stumpy wrote:an interesting thing that will hopefully be revealed is how did James and Lily have all that money? and what did they do?

I totally agree we need some clarification on this. What did James and Lily do for a living?
Last edited by Snow_Crystal on Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:15:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:01:58pm

that's an excellent question!

But is Harry rich, or just rich for a teenager?
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby horcrux hunter911 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:14:35pm

that is a really good point Mr. Weasley works at the ministry and their dirt poor
horcrux hunter911
Second Year

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:16:26pm

Actually, that has never even been alluded to.
It would have been mentioned if they were Aurors. And there don't seem to be a terrible number of job opportunities in the wizarding world...
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:16:52pm

All I know is that James's parents were cool as Sirius put it and that they were pure-bloods. I reckon the money comes from that side but how did they get it, were they rich enough to not work?
Snow_Crystal

Postby Dacre » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:39:42pm

I think Harry's parents were rich simply because they were two very good wizards (James obviously was - made marauders map, an animagus etc) and Lily was great at potions. Don't think they'd have had trouble making a lot of money, but maybe some from family.
Bearing in mind the Weasleys have too many kids too count, bound to cost them a lot of money to raise them all, buy them clothes etc etc.
I'd like to know what happens to a lot of Harry's friends from Hogwarts. Oh, and if the next Quidditch World Cup goes ahead....
Dacre
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Running away from violent women in the Griffindor common room

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 6:31:25pm

shame all this has happened it'd be interesting to see if harry would play for a club or maybe England?
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 7:19:50pm

I guess James could have been an International and well paid Quidditch player?

Also I have more stuff that now needs confirming...

Will the Order of the Phoenix have to disband because there's no phoenix now? Will a new alliance have to be formed which includes the MoM, the former Order, muggle prime minister etc? Not sure about the last one of these options...

Also we need to know how long LV had Nagini. Did he own Nagini before he attacked Lily and James? If so, what happened to Nagini after he was left without a body? Did he know where Nagini was when he got a body back?

Also, What happened to Krum? I quite liked him as a character..
Snow_Crystal

PreviousNext

Return to The Books