BOOK 7 IDEAS ON WHATS TO HAPPEN!

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Favorite couple in book 6

Ron and Lavender
7%
Harry and Ginny
93%
Ginny and Dean
No votes

Total votes : 41

BOOK 7 IDEAS ON WHATS TO HAPPEN!

Postby sweetassugar555 » Monday 18 July 2005 6:49:39pm

any thoughts to whats going to happen next in the series?
sweetassugar555
Second Year

Postby thestral » Monday 18 July 2005 8:53:49pm

well ron and hermione will definitly get together in the next one. they're be stuck in the middle of nowhere tryingto find horcruxes going through unseen dangers. they're bound to face up to it. they won't have the petty problems that arose in hogwarts to distract them either, you know like the yule ball, quidditch, crookshanks, broomsticks, viktor, lavender. they'll get their act together pretty quick i think.
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Imelyen » Monday 18 July 2005 8:55:50pm

I think Harry will go back to Hogwarts if only for a brief time...he needs to do some research before he sets off looking for the Horcruxes he has to know where to look and has to find out how to destroy a Horcruxes if he does find one
Imelyen
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby thestral » Monday 18 July 2005 9:18:59pm

i don't think he'll desert hogwarts completly. he'll go back for small bits to find out things, maybe ask a few questions of the teachers, do some research. but it'll be on his own terms, not as a student obviously.
thestral

Postby silverserpent » Monday 18 July 2005 9:33:45pm

I think some allys that would appear for Harry unexpextedly after what happned include Snape, Draco and wormtail.
silverserpent
Squib

Postby Imelyen » Monday 18 July 2005 9:36:46pm

I dont know...I find it hard to think that Harry would give any of them a chance to speak....Except for snape who could probablly just disarm Harry and then force him to listen. Harry may listen to Draco, but only after beating him pretty badly....Wormtail on the other hand....I dunno.

I do, however, see Lucious secretly passing information to Harry. Or maybe Narcissa
Imelyen

Postby silverserpent » Monday 18 July 2005 9:42:00pm

Lucious or Narcissa would be very intriguing possibilities. But Lucious is in Azkaban so...maybe not.

The reason that I said wromtail was due to the fact that in book three DD stated that there was now a bond between Harry and Wormtail because he spared his life and was now in great debt to him. He sent Voldemort a servant that was tainted with the debt that must be paid.
silverserpent
Squib

Postby Imelyen » Monday 18 July 2005 9:48:25pm

Eh, I'm not holding much in store for this whole "debt" thing, Although, with the way Wormtail is being treated, it wouldn't surprise me if he did flip-flop and go and join the Order. The dementors aren't guarding Azkaban anymore (did it ever say how they were being held?) and i bet that Voldemort will eventually break everyone out of there (surprised as all get up that he didnt do it in this book!), I was severely disappointed that Voldemort wasn't even in this book at all!
Imelyen

Postby thestral » Monday 18 July 2005 9:53:07pm

i doubt that even if snape disarmed harry and sat him down and told him absolutly evrything, thus proving he was actually good and trying to help harry. hsrry still wouldn't believe him and would still distrust hium and probably kill him anyway. i think the harry/snape hatred runs so deep by now that it'll never be resolved. which makes me sad. cos that was one thing i had hoped to see in this book. but alas. :(
thestral

Postby Imelyen » Monday 18 July 2005 9:57:31pm

. i think the harry/snape hatred runs so deep by now that it'll never be resolved. which makes me sad. cos that was one thing i had hoped to see in this book. but alas

Same here...But I'm still going to hold out hope that Snape doesn't die in some lame way...If he dies (regardless of what side he's on) I want him to go out in a blaze of glory, and not killed by Harry (unless harry gets ALOT stronger).

Although, I do think Harry HAS to kill some one other than Voldemort, so he can at least come to terms with it immediately, and not be all conflicted about it when he has his wand pointed at Voldemort's heart with Voldemort down and helpless like he was with Sirius. (Granted his hatred for Sirius and Voldemort are very different)
Imelyen

Postby thestral » Monday 18 July 2005 10:08:04pm

yup, agree with you there imelyen. maybe bellatrix could be his warm-up killing :grin:. but i will be v.angry if harry gets his chance and blows it cos of a moment of hesitation. he better kill him dammit!!!!

and yes i don't want snape's death to be pointless. in fact no more pointless deaths. my poor little heart won't be able to take another pointless tragedy. a blaze of glory for snape, he's such a good character he deserves it. which is partly why sirius' death really p***d me off. he didn't get the death he deserved. he deserved more than to fall through a goddamn mouldy bloody curtain. :evil:
thestral

Postby Imelyen » Monday 18 July 2005 10:21:11pm

It surprised me that Harry never asked what the curtain was, I would have thought that would be the first thing he would ask Dumbledore.
Imelyen

Postby menotyoo » Monday 18 July 2005 11:37:19pm

How about this?.....Harry does hesitate. I totally see it happening. He is blasting Cruciatus Curses all over the place, SErpectaseptrum or whatever, and he doesn't care, but when he's standing over LV, he'll ses himself or just not have it in him. Then Snape shows up, kill LV and Harry kills Snape. I really see Harry's hatred towards Snape as being more real. Snape has mistreated him, he caused Sirius' death, DD's death, and it seems, Harry's parents' death. I'd say Harry could much more easily kill Snape than LV. He wouldn't even believe Snape was good, he would just think Snape want all power to himself. I mean, whoever Snape is working for, he is still evil....
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Anna Black » Tuesday 19 July 2005 1:26:12am

Wormtail is weak and definitely breakable. He probably regrets being on LV's side. But, he knows that if he leaves, Voldemort will kill him. If he's given a chance, he could very well go to Harry's side. He does owe him.

Draco could be persuaded, too. He doesn't want to be a Death Eater. We found that out when he was trying to kill Dumbledore. Also, while he was crying to Myrtle. Draco couldn't kill Dumbledore. I don't think he would have. He is with LV because of the threats against his and his mother's lives. That was clear.

Snape...he has made some really bad decisions in his life. There will never be any kind of relationship between him and Harry other than one filled with hatred. But, Snape killed Dumbledore because he knew Draco couldn't. He made the Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa that he would help Draco and, if Draco couldn't do it, that he would do it himself. He would die if he broke that vow. His hands were sort of tied. It is not too much of a stretch for me to see him helping Harry

And, though he might hate it, I believe Harry would work with Snape if he was sure it would bring down Voldemort. Harry is set on taking LV down.
Anna Black
Fourth Year

Postby Stumpy » Tuesday 19 July 2005 11:27:36am

Harry is set on taking out LV, and if Snape can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is good, maybe what DD knew, he would let him help. But i dont see Harry givin him a chance to do that
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Next

Return to The Books