How did you feel about the 5th book overall?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

How did you feel about book 5 after reading it?

Best book ever written!
9%
Great! My favourite book in the series!
32%
Good, but not my favourite book in the HP series.
50%
Disappointed. Did not meet my expectations.
9%

Total votes : 149

Postby Nikki » Sunday 26 June 2005 1:52:36pm

i skipped 2 paragraphs then when i realized what i did i went back to read it, my freind loves HP and she said she'd skipped chapters to get to the amin point, i thought that is mean
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby thestral » Monday 27 June 2005 8:05:54am

chapters :eek: :o :eek: :???: how would you know why there's a giant in the forest if you hadn't read the chapter 'grawp'. there's so many things you'd miss. i don't understand, why???? :lol:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby niki_192 » Saturday 9 July 2005 3:37:29am

i thought it was the best 1 in the series but i have 2 say that it tied with book 4..... i rekon that both of them are the best books ever written! :D
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby BloodyCassie » Saturday 9 July 2005 5:17:45pm

These books are definately getting better as they go on. It definately depressed me when Sirius Black died though, it should've been someone else. Would've been cool to push Percy through the viel...
BloodyCassie
Squib

Postby Mia67 » Monday 11 July 2005 4:43:51pm

It was an awesome book, just not my favorite in the series.
Mia67
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Nikki » Tuesday 12 July 2005 11:45:36pm

i havent read the 4th one, but i have read the 5th one twice!!! lol
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby niki_192 » Thursday 14 July 2005 2:29:36pm

yeh i would've rather pushed percy through the veil..... wen i read the 5th book the first 3 times i always started crying wen sirius died.... i really liked him.................. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
(very emotional moment)
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Thursday 14 July 2005 4:15:08pm

i hear you niki_192, sirius' death was one of the main reasons i didn't like OotP, there were other factors, but i've already discussed those earlier on this thread. but yes i still feel the pain of the loss of sirius, he was my absolute favourite character and i have bewailed his death on many other threads including this one. why oh why.......... :cry:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby niki_192 » Friday 15 July 2005 5:23:55am

i feel your pain thestral ................................ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby espionage » Monday 8 August 2005 7:01:48pm

there were some great moments in book 5, but overall too little plot for the lenght of the book. and WAY too much "i'm so misunderstood"/violent outbursts form poor, downtrodden harry. i am of the opinion that extreme annoyance with/ hatred of the main character is not useful in a book when you have to put up with them the whole time. so although ovbiously heartbroken by the death of the undeniably fit (though this is not recognised in the films, v. disappointingly) sirius, i am glad that it seems to have brought harry back into reality!
also, lack of any real mystery spoiled it for me majorly...there is nothing given for you to speculate about!
espionage
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

book 5

Postby Fantasy girl » Monday 8 August 2005 8:26:38pm

i really liked that book. it was my fav. still is. bt i did not like it when sirus died :)
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Fantasy girl » Monday 8 August 2005 8:28:36pm

i have read all the books like 10 times each they were quite good, but i liked that the 5th one was the longest. also i loved the formation of the DA. and the weasley twins, now that was great :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby PaperFlowers101 » Monday 22 August 2005 7:56:34pm

Yea! go peeves!*cough* er, I mean Fred and George....hehhehheheh......Any ways, the fifth book was probably my favorite. The best part was probably when Umbridge was forever tramatized by the centaurs.......mwahahahahaha..........
PaperFlowers101
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby SunsetG|rl » Monday 22 August 2005 8:15:46pm

i didn't like book 5 so much. first because...well because sirius died. i really like him. that is why book 3 is my favorite one. :grin: then i really hated the way harry acted. he seemd to have become stupid all of a sudden. i hated him almost all along the book. and in the end i actually blamed him for sirius's death. :mad: though i kinda liked the way umbridge gets it in the end from everybody. peeves, fred and george, and even mcgonagal turns against her. she was definitly a nice bad charachter (i mean she was a good choice for a bad charachter. she's really nasty).

though the book i liked the less was not OoTP but GoF. I don't know why but i felt so dissapointed at the end of that book...i just can't explain it :???:

but jkr definitlly made it back with hbp... i really enjoyed this one. and i found it welcome after GoF and OoTP. because liking PoA so much i just expected better and better books to come next.
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby Hagrid's girl » Wednesday 31 May 2006 2:36:16pm

I thought there was a bit too much to it, but it was good, my least favourite was Goblet of Fire as it was just boring
Hagrid's girl
Second Year

PreviousNext

Return to The Books