Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Hagger 9003 » Thursday 30 June 2005 8:06:44pm

hmm... lots of different ideas... personally, i think the HBP will be someone from the past, and he will be dead, or he will be someone we dont know or havent met yet. this is mainly because i cant decide between the people already in the books, so i choose something else!
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Thursday 30 June 2005 8:33:24pm

Hagger, you are so phreaking funny! :lol:
*diva mimicks Hagger....*
I think it is black, I think it is white, I think it is gray, but most of all, I definitely think it's a color of the rainbow.

ya got all your bases covered doncha...
1. I think the HBP will be someone from the past
2. and he will be dead
3. or he will be someone we dont know
4. or havent met yet.

Does the book come out on the 16th for you as well (in Amsterdam I mean?)

I feel so badly for people in countries that have later release dates...but that won't stop me from delving into my copy the moment I get my grubby little paws on it!
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Nikki » Friday 1 July 2005 12:15:10am

Hmmm.......not sure exactly who it is, but it might be Neville or Seamus(however u spell his name)
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Friday 1 July 2005 4:13:13am

Nikki, it can't be Neville because he is pureblood :-?
But there's always that chance it could be Seamus.

I'm sticking to my theory that maybe Snape has a son...lol...I know, I know, it's a long shot...but there's always a chance of it...just like there's always a chance I may win the lottery. A girl can dream, can't she???
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Ginny Potter » Sunday 3 July 2005 2:12:40pm

Maybe this has already been mentioned in the last 16 pages, but what about Remus Lupin as the Half-Blood Prince? The description JKR revealed of the Half-Blood Prince from book 6 could fit Lupin...not only that, but since book 2 was supposed to be called HP and the HBP, and Lupin became the DADA teacher in book 3, perhaps originally Harry met him in book 2. Also, now that Sirius is gone, it's possible that Harry and Lupin will have more of a relationship.

I may be totally off on this one (it wouldn't be the first time!), but what do you think of Lupin as the Half-Blood Prince?
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Sunday 3 July 2005 8:06:13pm

I hadn't really thought of Lupin as the HBP!!!

You've actually got me thinking...It's a possibility that he is...

I'll think about it some more in a boring class today... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Nikki » Sunday 3 July 2005 8:18:37pm

I KNOW WHO IT IS!!!

Dumbledore of course......some girl on neopets told me
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby Nikki » Sunday 3 July 2005 8:19:45pm

She told me that she already read the 6th book and has the 4th DVD which i think i total lie but Dumbledore is a possiblity
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby Ginny Potter » Sunday 3 July 2005 8:48:49pm

weasley_gurl wrote:I hadn't really thought of Lupin as the HBP!!!

You've actually got me thinking...It's a possibility that he is...

I'll think about it some more in a boring class today... :grin:

Wow! :eek: Someone who thinks my theory might be on the money. :)

Even if Lupin isn't the Half-Blood Prince, now that both James and Sirius (and for all intents and purposes, Peter) are gone, and Lupin is the last of the Marauders that Harry can talk to, it'll be interesting to see what more Harry will learn about Hogwarts, his parents, Snape, and all of that from him. I wonder what the Half-Blood Prince is supposed to do...what is his significance to Harry? To Voldemort?
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby Raistlin244 » Tuesday 5 July 2005 4:56:43am

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but I think the Half-Blood Prince is Lord Voldermort. His father was a muggle and his mother was a wizard...

The prince could come from his near-world domination
Raistlin244
Muggle

Postby Nikki » Tuesday 5 July 2005 8:08:47pm

Yes, it could very well be the Dark Lord, but still we will never know until July 16, omg just 11 more days!!
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 6 July 2005 1:55:43pm

Actually JKR specifically said that Neither Harry Nor Voldermort is the half blood prince
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Nightcrawler » Thursday 7 July 2005 5:50:57am

Nikki wrote:I KNOW WHO IT IS!!!

Dumbledore of course......some girl on neopets told me

Lol, that's not a very reliable source you know. :grin:

She told me that she already read the 6th book and has the 4th DVD which i think i total lie but Dumbledore is a possiblity

She's lying.

The fourth movie is still in post-production (if memory serves me correctly). It won't have a cinematic release until Christmas, so there is no way anyone has the DVD.

As for the sixth book, I believe I heard something about a couple of copies being stolen, however they were recovered pretty quickly, so I doubt anyone has actually sat down and read them, and I'm pretty certain that nobody yet owns a copy. Especially some little girl on a neopets website. :lol:

You are right to not believe her.

However it is still possible that Dumbledore is the half blood prince. His brother Aberforth can't perform magic very well, so perhaps that is some indication.
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Broccoli » Thursday 7 July 2005 10:09:37am

Nightcrawler wrote: His brother Aberforth can't perform magic very well, so perhaps that is some indication.

Oh, is it mentioned in the books? I should have missed that!
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Phinea Rogue » Thursday 7 July 2005 10:12:09am

I don't think he can't perform magic (he's done some illegal magic with goats), but he's a little bit strange (well, possibly not just a little bit...). I don't think that Dumbledore is the HBP, then we would have two princes - both Dumbledore and Aberforth, since they're brothers.
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

PreviousNext

Return to Theories