How did you feel about the 5th book overall?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

How did you feel about book 5 after reading it?

Best book ever written!
9%
Great! My favourite book in the series!
32%
Good, but not my favourite book in the HP series.
50%
Disappointed. Did not meet my expectations.
9%

Total votes : 149

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 13 February 2005 4:02:00am

id have to give my ratings as follows:

best: book 2, CoS
2: book 4 GoF looved the beards...
3: book 3, PoA
4: book 1 SS or PS
WORST BOOK: 5, fell below my expectations by A LOT!!!
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 14 March 2005 8:11:03am

Hmm well it shows everyones different personalities really doesn't it. I loved book 5, it's my absolute favourite buy a mile, and at least in the top 3 of my favourite books.
Met my expectations and more.
In contrast to you though, DorkWad547?! CoS is my least favourite book. I'm not sure why, it's still in my top 10 fav books, but, I dunno, just enjoyed the others more.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Cedric » Friday 18 March 2005 5:19:43pm

The list list of my books are...fav to least

1. OotP
2. PoA
3. GoF
4. SS
5. CoS

OotP had so much excitment with Malfoy's trio and Harry's trio. Plus we got to see Voldemort come alive with magic vs. DD and that was awesome.

PoA had such great Quidditch games with the Firebolt although I equally liked GoF except the Hagrid conversations. That was the first book I didn't like Hagrid in.

The rest, no explaination
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Saturday 19 March 2005 1:23:02am

Phoenix in the Ashes wrote:Hmm well it shows everyones different personalities really doesn't it. I loved book 5, it's my absolute favourite buy a mile, and at least in the top 3 of my favourite books.
Met my expectations and more.
In contrast to you though, DorkWad547?! CoS is my least favourite book. I'm not sure why, it's still in my top 10 fav books, but, I dunno, just enjoyed the others more.

the hp book are in my top 17, lol but i guess it does show the personalities of different ppl!
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby thestral » Saturday 19 March 2005 5:05:48pm

i think that PoA was my favourite, dunno why, but i think largely due to sirius being my favourite character. also the plot in that one i thought was superior to the rest, most intriguing. lupin, sirius and the whole story of the marauders coming out, it was all my favourite characters in one book. and hermy hit malfoy. great moment :D .

also partly explains why OotP was my least favourite, kill sirius... damn you!!! :mad:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Lisa » Sunday 20 March 2005 4:11:46pm

I must agree with you Thestral, i was devastated when sirius died, he was my fave. five was more about things happening, not learning about the past as much as it was in PoA.
Lisa
Squib

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 21 March 2005 7:30:21am

It all depends on whether you like the peace-time stories or the Second War bit. Personally, as soon as I had read the wonderfully written line in my favourite chapter so far, "Lord Voldemort had returned" I knew that the next few books were going to be some of the best books I will ever read. The first three are just decent, well written and crafted books. They have excitement, but it's really all just building up to 5, 6 & 7. If you hadn't noticed, the plot lines for 1, 2 & 3 are completely different, while 5, 6 & 7 are and will be focused on destroying LV in some way, and learning to be very powerful wizards. I also heard somewhere that Neville would be playing quidditch, so hopefully that will be entertaining.
Has anybody written a topic "Favourite Chapter"? Could someone please do it, otherwise I'll have to and I'm so lazy......... Spare me the use of my fingers for just one moment! :lol:
(My favourite chapter so far is Flesh, Blood & Bone in GoF, and next is either The Centaur & The Sneak (OoTP), or the chapter that has Fred & George's magnificent exit in it. What's that ones name?
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Cedric » Monday 21 March 2005 9:25:55pm

Phoenix in the Ashes wrote:My favourite chapter so far is Flesh, Blood & Bone in GoF...the chapter that has Fred & George's magnificent exit in it. What's that ones name?

Wow, yes i so agree with you. When Voldemort was recreated into human form again, that was so exciting and when they dueled. Then Fred & Georges exit...it was so nice to see them fight Umbridge. I love it.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 22 March 2005 9:31:37am

Yeah, I mean if that's my best chapter so far, imagine how exciting Voldemort's defeat is gonna be!!! (And don't even bother saying what if LV isn't defeated. :o
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Cedric » Tuesday 22 March 2005 1:46:07pm

Wow, yeah whoever things Voldemorts going to survive in the end needs to be slapped once by all the members of this forum.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 24 March 2005 8:09:16am

Yeah exactly.
One thing that's interested me is though that simply killing Voldemort wouldn't satisfy Dumblebore. I am sure if he wanted to he could summon a powerful killing curse hundreds of times and kill LV if he really wanted, but it was said in OoTP that it wouldn't satisfy him. Yet the prophest clearly states: "One cannot live, while the other survives. So how can someone not be living, but not be killed? A thing DD repeatedly says is that LV's greatest weakness is his failure to think there is nothing worse than death. The most obvious way for someone to not be killed, but to not live, would be being kissed by a dementor, but that seems too easy. I wonder if there is another way?
Voldemort's failure to understand there is something worse than death, I think, will undoubtably be his downfall.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Thursday 24 March 2005 3:10:02pm

One cannot live while the other survives <- I think it means one can't continue to live while the other lives... this means one has to kill the other. this is why Harry is so depressed at the end of book five, because he knows he either has to be murdered or be murderer. JKR even puts it almost that way in the book. Yeesh, when was the last time some people here read five
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

My Favorites!

Postby eZe-m3r0-ChuCkY » Friday 25 March 2005 9:21:01pm

I get very excited when a Harry Potter Book comes out! I want to know if it is what I expect or if it will dissapoint me!
Well, Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix was great for me!
There was a lot of excitement and even confusion. The point where I closed the book and started to braethe for once was when when Sirius died!! I can't beleive it! I think it's an attention grabber! BUT!!! It wasn't my favorite book.
My favorite was the Goblet of Fire!
I like magic and adventure mixed together with challenges and Rowling did exactly that with her 4th book! By the way can someone message me if that movie is EVER going to come out because I want it to!
eZe-m3r0-ChuCkY
Slytherin's Most Gorgeous and Popular

Location: -b3aTiNg uP aLL SlyTHeRiN HaTeRz-WATCH OUT!-YOU'RE NEXT!!

My Favorites!

Postby eZe-m3r0-ChuCkY » Friday 25 March 2005 9:21:33pm

I get very excited when a Harry Potter Book comes out! I want to know if it is what I expect or if it will dissapoint me!
Well, Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix was great for me!
There was a lot of excitement and even confusion. The point where I closed the book and started to braethe for once was when when Sirius died!! I can't beleive it! I think it's an attention grabber! BUT!!! It wasn't my favorite book.
My favorite was the Goblet of Fire!
I like magic and adventure mixed together with challenges and Rowling did exactly that with her 4th book! By the way can someone message me if that movie is EVER going to come out because I want it to!
eZe-m3r0-ChuCkY
Slytherin's Most Gorgeous and Popular

Location: -b3aTiNg uP aLL SlyTHeRiN HaTeRz-WATCH OUT!-YOU'RE NEXT!!

Postby Tanuki » Friday 25 March 2005 9:59:11pm

check your theatre this november, you might just have a surprise
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

PreviousNext

Return to The Books