Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby Cedric » Thursday 17 March 2005 7:57:13pm

I see where you are coming from and it makes me want to agree. I mean if I were Snape and some rich kid was putting spells on me, I'd be p***d off and want revenge too. But I don't know if I'd carry it all the way to their child.

But Harry has stated in previous replies, hasn't really tried to get on Snapes good side. They both just started disliking each other from the beginning.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 18 March 2005 9:30:25am

Yeah, I mean Harry hasn't even really made an effort, and Snape hasn't really done anything to him except give him bad looks and embarrass him in front of a class. I still think there might be more to it, 'cos James & Snape must have gotten into a really big fight for him to hate Harry so much. As you pointed out Cedric, he is a different person, though they seem alike.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Imelyen » Tuesday 22 March 2005 6:56:31am

I really really REALLY want Hermione and Ron to just stop arguing so bloody much...it gets extremely annoying after a while...they constantly banter about the smallest things and what's more they do it in almost every darn book...they need to either hook up or get the heck away from each other, I for one can do without their bickering in the next book.
Imelyen
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 22 March 2005 9:25:27am

Yeah well if it's gonna happen, it's gotta happen in HBP. There's just no time and it'd be really cramped if it was all in Bk7. I agree, they should hook up or just stop arguing.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Cedric » Tuesday 22 March 2005 1:38:58pm

Yeah, they should hook up, I agree. But I do for the most part enjoy their arguements, they both crack me up haha.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 22 March 2005 2:42:52pm

It's not funny anymore; and what makes you think in the slightest that they are going to stop arguing if they hook up. It will probably change nothing, which is why I'm so against their hooking up
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Cedric » Tuesday 22 March 2005 3:27:52pm

It's funny because they are so unalike, each other. They have almost nothing in common except friendship and trust. That's what makes them the most unique set of friends, which is why people think that they have a chance together.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Imelyen » Tuesday 22 March 2005 7:42:30pm

I dont think they have a chance of staying together, I just hope if they hook up they'll be together more often, argue more than ever, and split up indefinately!
Imelyen

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 24 March 2005 7:56:07am

Oh what a happy relationship that'll be :grin: ..........................
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Cedric » Friday 25 March 2005 1:06:42am

You know, after thinking about it for a couple days...I think it would be better if JKR just kept them the way they are. I mean arguing like they were already a couple that is. I think if they got together, it would be kinda weird reading about it. I think it would be better if they just went for someone else. (Not in the trio) Same with Harry.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Friday 25 March 2005 9:55:30pm

Part of puberty is things changing, including the relationships between friends. A lot of the books credibility would be shot if everything stayed the same inside of the trio. Besides, it just wouldn't be as interesting
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Saturday 26 March 2005 4:03:14am

Tanuki wrote:What hints that Snape was in love with Lilly!?! No such hints exist. In fact, the only thing we know about what Snape thought of Harry's parents was that he hated James, and regarded Lilly as nothing more than an inferior mudblood. So far, there is nothing else. No mystery

Yes, it sounds very crazy

Halelujah, finally I've got support!! I can understand where this theory comes from, as Lily, James and Snape where the only members of their generation that were mentioned until book three, and the fact that the two men hated each other was quite suspicious. But OotP should have gotten rid of those crazy thoughts. Snape's a perfect example for a Slytherin, and he's always been attracted by dark things. Why, for heaven's sake, would a man like him fall for the oh-so-perfect and pure and righteous Gryffindor beauty? And why would someone who loves a muggleborn swear a lifetime service to a man who's main target is ridding society of just those muggle borns? There's no, not even the smallest hint that Snape anything but despised Lily. If hating her boyfriend and calling her a mudblood indicated some kind of hidden affection, then Draco must be madly in love with Hermione, and Harry's best match would be Pansy Parkinson. And: If somebody cowardly outnumbered me four to one and tortured me in front of the whole school, just for the fact that I exist, I DEFINITELY wouldn't need a crush on his girlfriend to absolutely hate his guts.

Honestly, no personal offense intended, but this theory just makes me angry. My poor Snape! If anything, I can see him having a crush on Bellatrix, but Evans? Nonononono!! And if that turns out to be the case(which I think impossible), I'll burn my books. Really!
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Imelyen » Saturday 26 March 2005 7:00:27am

Pure and RIghteous Gryffindor beauty? Must have missed the part where it said that :evil:

Anyway, the first time i head this stupid theory was when some one pointed out that Severus Snape was Persues Evans.
Imelyen

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 27 March 2005 12:35:53am

Your poor snape!?! Since when has a bullying, childish man with a sadistic nature ever needed to be regarded as a victim? And when was James a coward or a bully? Have you been ignoring what everyone else was saying so you could continue pitying Snape. Has your love of evil reached such a level of Blindness that you are nary verging on becoming Petunia (If you hadn't figured out that I was being over the top on purpose, I am). Come one, James and Snape were doing this to each other all the time. James just chose to do it in the open this time. Why is it that people take this one example and decide they don't like James because of it? Has everyone else been lying, Dumbledore and Hagrid included, or have you just been grasping for a reason to pity Snape so long, that you'll take any straw you can wrap your finger around?
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Monday 28 March 2005 5:19:04am

Three words: Read the books!
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

PreviousNext

Return to The Books