Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby nyjets10 » Wednesday 2 March 2005 10:28:32pm

:cool: :grin: :) :-) And why did Voldemont didnot intent to kill Lily Potter when both Lily and James were in the Order and the fact that Voldemont's a murderer and the fact that Voldemont torture people who are not pureblood8-) :cool: :P :lol: :-? :grin:
nyjets10
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Hagger 9003 » Thursday 3 March 2005 10:15:36pm

i saw this thing on muggle net, and it said that on an advert for the book in a library catalogue, it said that the reason why DD trusts snape and why lily is important would both be revealed in this book
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Saturday 12 March 2005 3:51:30pm

this is a bit off the wall but maybe the reason snape turned good was cos you know the way we keep on getting hints about snape being in love with lily and there's the mystery of what the hell happened there with snape/lily etc. but maybe when voldemort killed lily cos snape was in love with her it finally made him see the evil in voldemort and stop supporting him. also could explain why harry has asked dumbly a million times why snape turned good and every time he has evaded him and told him he doesn't need to know etc. well it would make sense that dumbly wouldn't tell harry that snape turned good cos he was was in love with his mother, if you know what i mean that opens a big can fo worms for harry and snape, so dumbledore just never tells him. does it sound crazy to you guys?
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 12 March 2005 7:07:57pm

What hints that Snape was in love with Lilly!?! No such hints exist. In fact, the only thing we know about what Snape thought of Harry's parents was that he hated James, and regarded Lilly as nothing more than an inferior mudblood. So far, there is nothing else. No mystery

Yes, it sounds very crazy
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby thestral » Sunday 13 March 2005 7:58:26pm

damn you tanuki are you determined to argue with me everywhere i go :lol: ??? and did you read the books??? lily helped snape did she not when james and him were having their little cock-fights, i need to re-read to fully clarify and defend my postion but from what i remeber the impression i got was that he liked her and was then even more spurned and annoyed cos james got her who he hated more than anyone. let me go re-read. i know the theory is a bit off the wall and perhaps crazy but i was think/typing out loud. musing if you will, anyone else get the impression that snape held a secret torch for lily, or was that just me? :???:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Tanuki » Monday 14 March 2005 2:09:01am

She helped him, but then again, so would Hermy. Lily was a dogooder, despite Snape's lousy personality. She couldn't just stand there.

He called her a very offensive name intentionally. Why, because Snape is a bigot. He may be on DD's side, but thisb doesn't change his personality

It's not just you, but it doesn't make it logical
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 2:51:06am

i think that she was just being nice to snape because he was different and at that point in time, she and james weren't a thing and she didn't want anything to do with him. (OOTP) but yes i also think snape may have had a secret eye on lily as every boy who doesn't fit in has their eye out for someone that their enemy likes.

thats my opinion, so it kind of goes along with both of yours
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 14 March 2005 7:47:03am

Snape is just a very.... interesting person. So much mystery surrounds him. And what are the reasons Snape hated James? I'm sure we'll get told. Lily seemed like a sweet person, and wasn't going to tolerate James picking on Snape (OoTP,) so maybe Snape was confused inside, and had to toss up his attraction to Lily, and his hatred of mudbloods?
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 6:12:05pm

the one thing i think we all are just waiting for is why dumbledore trusts snape. i mean i don't think snape dislikes harry just because of his father. the hate between harry and snape is just too great in the previous books.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Monday 14 March 2005 6:24:49pm

I go with Snape hating James because not only is James a rule breaker, and he gets away with it; but he was also popular. Snape was still despised, even though he felt that he fit the criteria to rule. He strictly followed the rules probably, he did well, and he was pure-blooded. He was also probably bitter, owing to his upbringing. Yet, James had quidditch, the grades, the attention, and the friends, and he routinely broke school policy. Sometimes, it's just unfair to some people. he was jelous and bitter because he wasn't on top
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 11:45:25pm

So Snapes jealousy and despise of Harry could just be a character response rather then some deep secret in Harry's life. Or, like we all think I'm guessing, Snape is either taking out what he wasn't able to on James onto Harry or some secret that we don't know of yet. Previously, I thought it was all an act infront of Malfoy so that he could tell his dad that Snape despised Harry and always gave him a hard time so he could keep his place in Voldemorts groupies.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 15 March 2005 6:50:14pm

It is probably the things he wishes he could do to James on some level. Adde dto that is his inherrent dislike of famous kids. He probably thinks that Harry thinks more of himself than he does, as would any bunghole with an ego like Snapes (the man is on a power trip, being a teacher). Added to that is the fact that Harry isn't helping much and we have a bad situation
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Wednesday 16 March 2005 8:14:05am

Am I the only one who thinks Snape and James were the perfect example of "Hate at First Sight." James did say that he hated Snape simply because he existed. Reading into it can sometimes be a curse, but then again knowing JKR there more likely will be more to it.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 16 March 2005 4:47:46pm

Sometimes, theres a reason someone hates someone else from the get go. You can tell a lot about a person on a first impression most of the time, and there's a whole lot of Snape's character in his sallow skin and greasy hair. And even from childhood, Jmes probably held himself with a certain level of obnoxiousness
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 17 March 2005 7:50:29am

Well James' parents were rich weren't they. As much as it pains me to say it, for the first few years he may well have been a bit up-himself and have a "I'm way better than you" attitude.
I'm sure if I saw someone like Snape, with sallow skin and greasy hair, I probably wouldn't immediatlely want to be friends with him.... or even on good terms, if he was so skilled in the Dark Arts. :eek:
Phoenix in the Ashes

PreviousNext

Return to The Books