Potential Future Death in Book 6 or 7 (spoilers)

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Postby Broccoli » Tuesday 25 January 2005 9:39:27am

Tanuki wrote:Don't make Blanket statements like that. You're going to be very disappointed when Harry and Hermione hook up. Let's face it, she has no interest in Ron

JKR said on her site that she has given a lot of clues on her main characters' romantic life and we should have already guessed who likes who! This statement and also the clues in the movies make it pretty obvious for me that there is going to be something between Ron and Hermione.

But back on topic - it is also quite clear that none of the trio is going to die in book 6. I also doubt DD or Snape will die before the last book... Maybe someone of the Weasley family...
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:54:17am

Don't make Blanket statements like that. You're going to be very disappointed when Harry and Hermione hook up. Let's face it, she has no interest in Ron

Rowling said that she probably wont make it a very happy ending

Fair enough on the blanket statement, but come on be honest who here actually thinks Harry will die. And if Harry and Hermione end up hooking up, yeah I will be disappointed, but I do doubt it's going to happen.
And yeah JK said she won't make it a very happy ending, but what she meant was she won't make a boring ending with nobody dying and no excitement, and everyone lives happily with no recollection of anything.
There's gotta be some tradigy, and yeah, I think it's gonna be DD that passes in the 7th.
Bet someone's gotta contradict that eh :P Probably quote it actually.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 25 January 2005 7:35:25pm

Broccoli wrote:
Tanuki wrote:Don't make Blanket statements like that. You're going to be very disappointed when Harry and Hermione hook up. Let's face it, she has no interest in Ron

JKR said on her site that she has given a lot of clues on her main characters' romantic life and we should have already guessed who likes who! This statement and also the clues in the movies make it pretty obvious for me that there is going to be something between Ron and Hermione.

But back on topic - it is also quite clear that none of the trio is going to die in book 6. I also doubt DD or Snape will die before the last book... Maybe someone of the Weasley family...

Please, there are loads of hints about Harry/Hermione too. Who does she show the most concern and affection for? Who do the romantic interests get jelous of more.? Who did Rita Skeeter point out? Why did Cho get jelous? Why did Krum?

Arguments do not a relationship make. Unspoken communication does, like the one those two had on the train to Hogwarts.

Let's face facts, the Weasley boy doesn't stand a chance.
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Tuesday 25 January 2005 9:32:58pm

harry and hermione for ever!!!! :grin: come on, arguing breaks up relationships, it doesn't create them. also, if you say that the films are proof, the movies exxagerate things. plus, hermione gets close the harry as well. in the movie, ron and hermione just comic relief. and quite funny at that. :D

on the subject, i am really not sure about DD. having had a discussion about it, i reckon that he needs to die to make a climax for the 7th book, and also that he cant die, because he tells harry the plot. yay, i love making no sense! :lol: personally, i dont want DD to die, but i think that everyone will think he dies, like with gandalf in LotR. either that, or he wil be disabled, to remove his support for the trio. i was discussing this somewhere else.

harry wont die, i reckon. he will use love to vanquish voldie, but he wont die in the process. there might be a sacrifice, but im not sure.

actually, i just had a thought. do you remember jk said that she worded the prophecy very carefully? if it is worded so carefully, how come it says "neither can live while the other survives"? right now, both of them are alive, so how is this possible? mayb it means alive in another sense of the word? i need to think about this one a bit.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 26 January 2005 12:22:24am

I get the feeling Harry is going to be as strong as Voldermort at the end, becuase he can't even fight him to a draw if he isn't. I also think Harry is going to get as close to evil as possible before somethign happens to make him the ultimate force for good to kill Voldy.

He's going to find a calm or somethign in the middle of his rage which he can use to beat Voldermort
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Wednesday 26 January 2005 8:51:38am

Yeah that'll be it. I dunno if he'll become as strong as Voldemort power wise, undoubtably he might (lol oxymoron, "undoubtably he might" :-?) when he's older, but for now I don't think he'll manage it.
Yeah he may find a calm inside himself, or at least somebody else will help him find it maybe.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 26 January 2005 3:35:14pm

It's the idea of a berserker. Someone who completely loses themself in a fight, even to the point of finding a scary calm where he achieves ultimate focus

Somone also pointed out that Voldermort wants to go against the very Ancient Magic that dictates the world they live in. This is of course his desire for immortality. Harry seems to be protected because his family followed these rules, which seem to favor love and justice. I think if Harry continues to allign himself with the laws of the universe, he will be able to defeat Voldermort pretty easily
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 27 January 2005 4:09:36am

:eek: phew wouldn't wanna come across Harry in that state, hmm your probably right.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby DragonFiend17 » Sunday 13 February 2005 1:53:52am

OMG she BETTER not kill fred or george!!! if she killd percy ill be happy--i hate him--but also bill and charlie...especially bill--i took a test somewhere--i think quizilla--and they said i was most like bill...and he is really cool...charlie, i dont want him to die, his death would most likely be dragon-related, but isnt he working with the order? hmm... :???:
DragonFiend17
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 18 February 2005 9:21:16am

JK just can't kill off Fred or George :o it's just not right. No Weaslys can die!
I reckon a member of the order, some one at the same level as Mundungus maybe, might die.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Friday 18 February 2005 4:29:35pm

And this reaction is why at least one Weasley will die and one really liked member of the order will bite the big one

And people say american's have a problem with less than happy endings
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Friday 18 February 2005 10:28:33pm

well they do. look at hollywood. anyway, JKR is doing the killing, and shes english.

but, she doesnt kill without reason, and i cant think of a reason for the weasleys to die, so i think we are safe. however, there might be many reasons for the members of the OotP to die.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Just Mom » Saturday 19 February 2005 12:19:32am

Fred and George die?

Nah. Look at all they've gotten away with in their young lives. They cheated their way through all sorts of situations and they'll cheat death if they ever get close to it, which I doubt. They're too much fun and there's no reason for them to go.

I have serious doubts any Weasley will -as Tanuki put it- "bite the big one."
Just Mom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Deep South, USA and wishing for snow at least once before March.

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 19 February 2005 2:54:19am

Hagger 9003 wrote:well they do. look at hollywood. anyway, JKR is doing the killing, and shes english.

but, she doesnt kill without reason, and i cant think of a reason for the weasleys to die, so i think we are safe. however, there might be many reasons for the members of the OotP to die.

Yep, but its fans from all over the world doing the whining when someone mentions a liked character dying. Yeesh

I can think of loads of reasons for the Weasleys to die, for one thing they're on the front lines in this fight
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Saturday 19 February 2005 3:17:11pm

i mean a reason for the plot. apparently there was a specific reason sirius died, and he had to die. there isnt a reason for the weasleys to die becasue of teh plot. anyway, all the battle casulties will be the deparment of magical law enforcement thingy, the police of the wizarding world.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours