Will Harry die?

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Will Harry die?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 117

Postby Groo » Saturday 10 April 2004 11:40:21am

i personally dont think Harry will die for the reasons that Ferrus has already mentioned. those were 4 good points

This is to Alice:-
you made your point well. the hero of a great series dying would leave children all over the world crying. but if Rowling changes her mind from killing Harry to saving him only because of her fans' outrage , that would be changing the storyline under pressure wont it? i am not saying that she should kill him. i am saying that she should follow her heart.

consider a legal trial in which the judge has to give a really loved person, death sentence (example Beckham or Sean Connery or even Rowling)
does he not do his duty because the decision would leave the world in tears?

i agree a book's ending is not as much as a vital issue as a death trial. what i am trying to say is nobody's decisions should be swayed by public opinion.
this is just what i personally feel
Groo
A true Ravenclaw, Master of Legilimency and the biggest fear of all Boggarts

Postby Alice I » Saturday 10 April 2004 11:54:36am

Groo wrote:i agree a book's ending is not as much as a vital issue as a death trial. what i am trying to say is nobody's decisions should be swayed by public opinion.
this is just what i personally feel

Well I see your point and as someone who has been doing a little writing myself I can see your point, but JKR now has a responsibility to those people. Like I said before If it were not for the fans then their wouldn't be the Harry Potter series. I mean that if no one really cared much about the story she would probably not have been able to publish all of the books.

This is a tough issue for me as well. I am writting a Fan Fiction but I have been advised to give it up and pursue somthing different as I can never show my work to anyone except you fine folks here on the forum.

Now I could very easily do that but then some folks might be disappointed, so I am waffeling over the issue. Now I am no JKR and I don't have millions of fans and only a handful of people have read my writing but the concept is essentially the same. If I stop writing the story Amon Re and Nobby will be diussapointed. So do I contionue it for them? Do I continue it because the story demands it?
When does a writer have no obligation to her/his readers?
Hmmm?
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Saturday 10 April 2004 9:38:49pm

of course jk has an obligation. if she kills harry and fans start crying, going into depression or even comitting suicide- jk wouldn't be able to sleep at night- would you?
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Moonstone » Tuesday 20 April 2004 11:27:31am

i know i wouldn´t.. and i only hope that he survives so that we all can take a deep breath...

And i can´t do more than agree with nobby.. it´s like killing your own child.. *shivers*
Moonstone
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Leving the milkbottle and heading out into the big scary world

Postby Alice I » Wednesday 21 April 2004 2:46:46am

Moonstone wrote:it´s like killing your own child.. *shivers*

You know JKR actually said in an interview that she considered her books like her child. It was on one of the DVDs.
Anyway maybe all this she is gonna kill Harry stuff is riduculous because it would be like killing her own child.

I hope that is the case because I still hold to my plan of a all out JKR boycott if she were to kill Harry.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Moonstone » Wednesday 21 April 2004 8:15:05am

Alice I wrote:
Moonstone wrote:it´s like killing your own child.. *shivers*

You know JKR actually said in an interview that she considered her books like her child. It was on one of the DVDs.
Anyway maybe all this she is gonna kill Harry stuff is riduculous because it would be like killing her own child.

I hope that is the case because I still hold to my plan of a all out JKR boycott if she were to kill Harry.

I can agree that to boycott JKR if she kills Harry, but i don´t think that she will do that.. he is the reason she ever picked up writting in the first place.. I think...
Moonstone
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Leving the milkbottle and heading out into the big scary world

Postby platinumstepper » Friday 28 May 2004 3:58:02pm

I hope he does not die but I think he will because the books have to end somewhere and this series and the way I think JK is this wont be no fairytale ending.I dont think everyone will live happily everafter. Its just not the type of book to have a happy ending. :???:
platinumstepper
Second Year

Postby harrylover » Wednesday 2 June 2004 10:34:12pm

I don´t want him to die!!! Harry is so great, i want him to live a happy life without voldemort.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Ferrus » Thursday 3 June 2004 8:05:01pm

platinumstepper wrote:Its just not the type of book to have a happy ending.

Really? What makes you think that?
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Bellatrix » Wednesday 23 June 2004 11:05:31pm

I dont think that he will die. "humph"
Bellatrix
Squib

he cant

Postby micah_malfoythe 3 » Sunday 27 June 2004 4:18:52am

it would be horrible if harry died at the end then what would they write books about ron " Ron Weasley and the Missing Penny" i mean come on
micah_malfoythe 3
Second Year

Postby harrylover » Sunday 27 June 2004 7:14:08am

Don´t you like ron?? He´s really funny and braveand faithful...he has lot of good qualities... :D
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby TomFeltonLover939 » Wednesday 30 June 2004 5:49:55pm

harry can't die!! that would just be awful! i know i would definitly cry! :cry:
TomFeltonLover939
Second Year

Postby *Lily* » Sunday 18 July 2004 7:14:59am

I don't think he will die but I think he will also find a way around becoming a murderer too.
*Lily*
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby StarDust* » Friday 23 July 2004 4:32:47pm

JK is adamant that there will be absolutely NO HP books after seventh year.
I hope he dies. Everyone will be so sad. :cry:

I'm new.
StarDust*
Muggle

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours