Potential Future Death in Book 6 or 7 (spoilers)

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Postby Colin » Thursday 21 August 2003 1:23:46am

Rev Mom: I understand completely. I cannot lust over Hermione because that is just plain wrong:)

I really want to see The Two Towers also.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Just Mom » Thursday 21 August 2003 1:55:51am

You're right about Hermione. But there's always Professor McGonnagall.(sp!) Or Madam Hooch! Professor Sprout? Molly Weasley's pretty cute in that mom-ish sort of way.

I've already seen The Two Towers three times, but want to see the extended version with the deleted scenes added. I would have thought that a LOTR (I am in awe that you knew Gandalf was a Maia) expert like you would have seen it by now. :)
Just Mom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Deep South, USA and wishing for snow at least once before March.

Postby Colin » Thursday 21 August 2003 4:05:01am

Yes! Maggie Smith is looking good!

I have not been to the movies in a very long time. Alas. I read all the time.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Thursday 21 August 2003 11:09:25am

Not to be schoolmarmy :), but let's try to stay on topic, please...I think we've drifted fairly far! ;)

I've read rumours that Lupin will be the one to die in future books, and I REALLY hope that isn't true! :cry: He's the remaining Marauder, and Harry's last link to his parents. :-( Dumbledore is also a candidate because Harry leans on him somewhat, and in the end, it's going to probably just be Harry and Voldemort. :o

~ Lizzy :angel:
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Tuima » Saturday 13 September 2003 8:52:07pm

Oh, no! Tears!!! The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that DD will die, but I would cry and cry! And McGonagall would cry, and all the wizards, and Harry... I'd better stop. But if LUPIN died -- I don't think I could stand it. It took me forever to get used to the suspicion of DD dying, and I'd have to take several months off to grieve if I thought Lupin would die!
But on a less emotional level... I actually think JK will refrain from killing Lupin BECAUSE he is the last (good) maurauder. I dunno, it just strikes me as kinda corny that the previous gang all dies and the current trio (presumably) lives.
Tuima
Fourth Year

Postby Gower » Saturday 13 September 2003 10:29:43pm

Although the deaths of Cedric and Sirius had a considerable impact on me, I never actually cried. Having seen loads of others bursting into tears, i am slightly worried :grin: , am i an emotionally frigid person?
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby menotyoo » Wednesday 1 October 2003 12:40:16am

I agree, and Ive posted this in other threads, with all of you who think that Lupin will rejoin his friends- killed quite likely while avenging James and Sirius' deaths, maybe even by wormtail.
wormtail will also die. His life is owed to harry, in PoA there was mention of a magic that sealed this with harry- so voldemort may kill him when he tries to defy him when LV tries to kill harry
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 2 November 2003 7:59:46pm

I feel that Lupin will not die quite yet and will not be the next one offed. I think his role in the series has not quite played out yet, so he may live to see the 7th book. However, I don't think Lupin will live to see the Epilogue.
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Rayneisblu » Friday 23 January 2004 3:45:07pm

AccioNiffler wrote:If Mrs. Weasley cares enough to sacrifice her life for her own children, then maybe she WILL be the one to die :cry: I really hope not though, because I love Mrs. Weasley :)

Yeah, I think that she will sacrifice her life also for either her own children, or for Harry or Hermione. But then and again i think that one of the twins will die.
Rayneisblu
Second Year

Postby wizard_gurl4ev » Thursday 29 January 2004 11:25:55pm

I dont think any of them will die it would be to f****n' wack
If 1 has to die (this is mean) it sould be Percy because he really hurt Mrs. Weasley by sendin his sweater back and now he might belive that Voldemort is back but if they told him about everything he could go tell is boss and ruin everything and that would sux!!!!!

******* :D ********
:grin: wizard_gurl4ev :razz:
wizard_gurl4ev
Second Year

Location: #4 Privet Drive (saving Harry with Ron and his brothers)

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 30 January 2004 5:56:05pm

I love how people act like since it wouldn't be "fair," certain people shouldn't die...

To quote the great S. Morgenstern, "Life is pain! Anyone who says differently is selling you something."

Not to sound cynical, but Ms. Rowling is writing about a war. In war, good guys and bad guys die. It happens. Why assume that because it would hurt Harry's feelings or because we don't want it to happen, the good guys suffer no more casualties and the bad guys all get theirs in the end? With two more books and a huge war coming (and Voldywart becoming mor terrible than ever before, according to prophesy) good guys will die.

I like Lupin, but I think he'll be killed. I think there's a good possibility Dumbledore will die. I agree with whoever started this thread that a Weasley will snuff it, and to tell the truth, I don't think it'll be the one we don't like. My money is on Mr. or Mrs. Weasley.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Meg Boyd » Saturday 31 January 2004 12:37:45am

Sadly, I agree. I hate to be a downer on the whole matter, but I really do think a goodie like Lupin or Mr/Mrs Weasley will die. It is sad, but bad things happen to good people whether we like it or not. Another suggestion is Moody, since he is oh so paranoid, he is likely to get in to some unwanted trouble this way...maybe he'll burn his buttocks by his wand, eh??? hehe
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Athena Appleton » Saturday 31 January 2004 12:58:20am

*just fell onto the floor laughing at the thought of a buttock-impaired Moody*

:lol:
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 1 February 2004 7:18:29pm

In war, good guys and bad guys die.

Well, no bad guys have been offed yet have they?

On a more serious note, I´m sure that somebody IS going to die and I know that I´ll hate JKR when she does it... Hope its note Lupin though... :cry:
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Sunday 1 February 2004 8:00:46pm

no, but i think it's safe to say that in war, both sides will suffer casualties.
Athena Appleton

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours