Mark Evans

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Gypsy » Friday 11 July 2003 11:38:54pm

That's exactly what i think KBIG104. I do think however that Harry wont realise that he is related to Mark until the last book, and it will be this realisation that somehow leads to the revalation about Lily. I bet Mark will have bright green eyes as well.
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby highsorcerer » Saturday 12 July 2003 5:02:03am

Actually, my own last name is sufficently unique that I KNOW anybody with it is related by blood or marriage.

There is, of course, a definate question as to whether Mark Evans is a relative of Harry. Both the name and the age were mentioned, which seems signifigant. However, at most he'd be a second-cousin on his maternal grandfather's side. Dumbledore said he put trust his Harry's mother's blood, which runs most strongly in Petunia Dursley. A more distant relative would not have had as much of a blood-bond.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Sacred Guardian » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:42:15am

true, or he may even be more distant than that, like 3rd or 4th cousin the same way
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby KBIG104 » Saturday 12 July 2003 10:05:04pm

And for all we know Mark may be an orphan as well. With all this in mind, he's as good as a brother to Harry, no matter how distantly related.

Yes he's lost Sirius, but now is JK's time to introduce a new "brother" for Harry.

Certainly seems plausible, anyway.
KBIG104
Second Year

Location: South On Privet, Left at Grunding Av, West on the M5 to the Beach, Boat to USA, I-80 West, I-5 South

Postby Gypsy » Sunday 13 July 2003 1:45:08pm

And te introduction of a 'brother' for Harry might stop him from going off the rails whilst striving for revenge against LV, as mant people have suggested that he will do.
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Kaizer » Sunday 13 July 2003 4:03:32pm

:eek: i never noticed that. good job
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby han lin » Sunday 13 July 2003 5:37:55pm

what if mark turns out to be not so nice?
han lin
Hogwarts Guardian of Virtue

Postby Kaizer » Sunday 13 July 2003 5:45:10pm

wow he gets bullied...he must be small like harry, or maybe not, maybe he is just young! :)
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby KBIG104 » Monday 14 July 2003 4:24:51pm

Well, if Mark Evans were a real creep, he'd be in a street gang, and it would've been a gang to gang fight.

But I didn't get that impression, and as the Privet Drive area doesn't appear to be a crime-filled area, and knowing the type of people Dudley and his cronies tend to beat up, I'd only assume that Mark is much like Harry: A generally good person who sometimes can't shut his mouth, and throws insults at the wrong times.

(Who is LV?)
KBIG104
Second Year

Location: South On Privet, Left at Grunding Av, West on the M5 to the Beach, Boat to USA, I-80 West, I-5 South

Postby KBIG104 » Monday 14 July 2003 4:27:19pm

Sorry to double-post, but I just figured out what LV means. I usually abbreviate Lord Voltimort as VT, but now I know.
KBIG104
Second Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 3:33:22pm

KBIG104 wrote:Yes he's lost Sirius, but now is JK's time to introduce a new "brother" for Harry.

I think that would be totally approppriate. For five years now, everyone has been looking out for Harry...if harry got some what of a younger brother, than he would prolly feel inclined to look out for some one else for a change...a new level of friendship and love that will only help in darker times...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Holly Golightly » Thursday 7 August 2003 5:13:19am

Maybe Petunia does know that they are related, but doesn't admit it, becasue they arent' 'respectable' enough... She wouldtn' want people to know that she was related to the Potters after all.

NOt saying that hey are a family of wizards, but maybe they have different ideas/values to the Dursleys, ie, maybe htere is actually some fun in their lives! They might do stuff like actually go on hoildays, where they LEAVE THE GRASS UNMOWED!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Petunia certainly woudln't admit to being part of that family!!! :lol:

I like the idea of his parents being like Hermoine's though, it makes alot of sense! And his age is wayyyyyyy to coincidental! ;)
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 11 August 2003 1:04:19pm

Mark Evans might be a distant cousin to Harry...I mean it is entirely possible for one to live by a person for 10 years and not even realize they are related...I say this from experience...I lived in the same village with my cousins for seven years until the fifth grade when we had to do a family tree project and we discovered we had a mutual Great-Great-Grandfather...weird, huh? So perhaps this is the case for Harry and Mark. All it takes is the different branches to move away from the home settlement, lose touch, and then two of the branches to move to the same area...it happened in my family. Then you could be living side by side not even knowing you were related. Perhaps Mark and Harry have a similar family tree to mine and my "new" cousins....perhaps they are First Cousins Twice Removed...that means their Parents (Presmably Lily and Mr. Evans) were first cousins once removed, and that Mark and Harry's grandparents (Lily's dad and Mr. evan's dad) were first cousins, and that their great grandfathers were brothers, ending that they have the same great-great grandfather....this relationship would work that they were close enough to be similar, but yet far enough away that the knowledge of their relations could be forgotten...

am I making any sense at all?
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Mumbleberry » Thursday 14 August 2003 1:45:02pm

Hmn, & let's remember that they could even be more closely related & nobody would know; a very important thing we've learnt is that nobody is omniscient in this world. I suspect that if they are related, the blood magic will have a lot to do with him too.

And the mention of holidays, bytheby, makes me wonder - people like the Dursleys normally would go on holiday every year - it sounds like this is to do with their needing to be under the home roof - the only time we have them going on hols is in TPS which is clearly contrived in order that Hagrid is able to break in - while they are in Privet Drive all that can be done is sending letters & hoping they get through. This makes clear just how much of a sacrifice they've made. They must be pretty terrified.
Mumbleberry
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Dink Meeker » Thursday 14 August 2003 3:08:26pm

If I'm thinking of the same section of TPS, I found their "holliday" to be more of an escape than a vacation. Uncle Vernon was literally running scared. In this manner it doesn't seem as contrived.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

PreviousNext

Return to Characters