How will Voldemort die?

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 5 July 2005 3:08:59pm

Ravenclawsweety wrote:hmmmm.....people who i dislike are the key to death, simple minded one, James was so mean to Snape i am surprised Snape did not kill him before the Dark Lord

Yes, because Snape is likely to be bullied", simple minded one," as you so kindly said. Has it ever occoured to you that your precious Snape was just as evil and vindictive to James, even though the good J.K.R. didn't show it? As for Snape killing James, I doubt it's for lack of trying.

As for the people you dislike; I find myself really not caring. The only thing that matters to me is that James recieve a fair chance, seeing as he has done so much more besides that moment and he is also too dead to defend himself against your particular brand of offense
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

HP AND LV

Postby niki_192 » Friday 8 July 2005 2:55:18pm

i have no idead hoe LV will die and in what way but i still have a strong feeling that harry will kill him in a book soon.....how scary is the description of voldemort in the graveyard.... with slits as eyes and a white face or something.....it made chills go up my spine...scary :evil:
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Imelyen » Wednesday 13 July 2005 4:28:21am

he is also too dead to defend himself against your particular brand of offense

He's also a fictional character and can't respond to anything...
Imelyen
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 13 July 2005 2:14:16pm

... this is very true; though this message board is entirely dedicated to fictional characters and your statement takes some of the fun out our conversations
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 15 July 2005 8:54:55pm

You do have to keep it in mind, though, especially when lesser characters such as James or Snape are concerned. They have much less 'screen time' than the kids, so everything they say or do can be expected to be of significance. So, one scene that shows James as a bully cannot mean it was a one time accident, because that simply wouldn't make sense from a literary point of view.

You cannot analyze a fictional character and completely forget about the author's purposes, as there are often situations that psychologically could be explained in a thousand ways, but only one makes sense from a literary point of view.

Still, I think Tanuki has a point. Not in the way that James couldn't defend himself against usdirectly, but that he cannot defend himself against Snape's accusations. which is pretty much the same.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 16 July 2005 1:23:20pm

The point I'm also trying to make is that we cannot always trust Snape's opinion as the most ...er...objective. We have to take this scene in the context of EVERYTHING we heard about those two
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Previous

Return to Characters