Overall Opinion

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Friday 3 August 2007 12:40:50am

I think that overall the book was amazing.
I disliked the epilogue. It seemed rushed, but JK has stated that she'd written more detailed endings and they just didn't fit.

I cried at times, but was most upset when I realized that it was over. All of it. The Harry Potter series is DONE.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby lovegood63 » Friday 3 August 2007 12:55:24am

i know, ive been moping around ever since it came out. :-(
lovegood63
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby selene » Friday 3 August 2007 3:43:54pm

i liked the book
ok, so some things were predictable end the epilogue just doesn't explain enough, i still liked it
*goes to read it again*
selene
Collector of Books and Knowledge

Location: living in aunt maharet's library, watching the stack of books i want to read grow bigger and bigger

Postby witchsnape » Friday 3 August 2007 4:54:56pm

I loved the book! it was so good that I think about it a lot of the day! It made me feel differently to some characters, happy that I could smugly say "I told you so" to all my friends who laughed at my trust of Snape. and kept me breathless through most of it..it was a real journey esp. losing characters such as Mad-eye.
I have to say that I didnt like the epitaph, it seemed rushed and cheesy but the book was brilliant!
witchsnape
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby **Tonks » Sunday 5 August 2007 2:18:22pm

I really loved the book!! :grin: The epilouge at the end was a good touch but it didn't explain everything i wanted to know!! :( I really loved reading the bit when harry was "dead" and he was talking to DD in his head. That bit was amazing! :D
**Tonks
Second Year

Postby the_roof_is_leaking » Sunday 5 August 2007 7:18:03pm

Overall, I liked the book.
I didn't like the epilogue much as everyone seemed to still be with their first love, were married and had kids (and I'm just a bit bitter that it doesn't always work like that in real life :lol: ).

Of course, I also hated how Moody's death was done - it was so soon and just like, "Mad-eye's been killed". Then he was barely mentioned afterwards and he didn't get a proper funeral or anything :(
But it's ok. In my head I have a couple of theories he's still alive so I'm keeping him alive in my head :grin:
the_roof_is_leaking
Sixth Year

Location: Never far behind Mad-eye Moody. (Or N.Ireland then)

Postby witchsnape » Sunday 5 August 2007 10:22:24pm

the_roof_is_leaking wrote:Overall, I liked the book.
I didn't like the epilogue much as everyone seemed to still be with their first love, were married and had kids (and I'm just a bit bitter that it doesn't always work like that in real life :lol: ).

Of course, I also hated how Moody's death was done - it was so soon and just like, "Mad-eye's been killed". Then he was barely mentioned afterwards and he didn't get a proper funeral or anything :(
But it's ok. In my head I have a couple of theories he's still alive so I'm keeping him alive in my head :grin:

i thought it would have been better to have a bit more about mad-eye, not sure how but it did seem quite dismissive..I was still thinking he would come back as they didnt find the body.
witchsnape
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Monday 6 August 2007 3:36:15am

Ditto about Mad-Eye. I hate The Toad now!
I always fancied Hermione and Viktor. Ron and Luna. Ginny and Neville. Or Harry and Ginny.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby SunsetG|rl » Sunday 26 August 2007 1:29:46pm

I really liked this book. But I don't know if it is one of my favorite since...well since it all ends here. This is it you know...

About Mad-Eye, I think it was okay. I mean it was war there. And he did get his eye rescued from the ministry. Maybe it was his eye that mainly defined him. His name was Mad Eye, in that sense. And Harry buried his eye somewhere, though on the run. So he got a final resting place.

One of my favorite scene in the book is when the tempo from the wedding is changed by the patronus of Kingsley, saying that the Minister has fallen. That was pretty cool :grin:

And I for one never thought the book was so predictable. Of course I had thought of all those things about how Snape was good and in love with Lily, and about who RAB was. But I for one never expected the Hallows, and definitely not that much on the real past of Albus Dumbledore. It was quite surprising in a good way. It was really neat. :p

On the whole I really enjoyed it.
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 26 August 2007 6:56:55pm

I always thought that there might be something more behind Dumbledore. Especially after he drinks the potion in HBP.
I kept thinking that it was "Hollow" instead of "Hallow"
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 26 August 2007 8:29:45pm

i'm quite hapy jk put the dumbledore thing in. one of my prime reasons for thinking snape was evil had been because jk had to show nobody's perfect.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby BreannaButtnana » Saturday 1 March 2008 8:24:41am

I loved every sentence. Amazing.

And I don't understand why people don't like the epilogue . . . what isn't to like? It sums everything up and lets you know how things ended.
BreannaButtnana
Muggle

Re: Overall Opinion

Postby Liz1989 » Friday 2 May 2008 3:50:28am

I loved the 7th book. to tell you the truth, it came out better than i thought. i loved the way that harry died and came back to life. i cried when fred died though. i devote this post to fred weasley: one of the terrific weasley twins who made the harry potter series what it was.
Liz1989
Second Year

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 2 May 2008 9:08:16am

I adored it... I was left with a need for more.. but i take comfort in knowing there will be an encyclopedia! :)
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby *Riley* » Wednesday 14 May 2008 11:11:32am

I knew it had to stop but... I don't want to stop !

Even though an encyclopedia is coming out I still want more ..

MORE MORE MORE :typing:
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

PreviousNext

Return to The Books