How many times have u read the books?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Mint » Friday 12 December 2003 3:42:00pm

Colin wrote:I love these books.

Lol - u sure do!! But its really cool because I found that people pick up on more and more stuff everytime they read the book. So what is ur fav. one Colin? 5th?

How many times did I read them? Um...... :oops: .....well.....um Once..hehe :o

*flees*
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby menotyoo » Friday 12 December 2003 10:44:25pm

I really can't count how many times i've read the books. Well, that's not true, i read the first 4 books 2-3 times, and the 5th book 1 time. However I own all 5 books on cd and i listen to them to relax after hw or when im tired, so as to how many times i've actually completed each book (while listening to Jim Dale) I'd say around 10-15 times each. But that is only a rough estimate.
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Polka dot queen » Thursday 1 January 2004 5:02:12pm

I have only read the 5th book once, the 1st and 2nd twice and the i dont know about the 3rd and 4th must have read them a good few times more
Polka dot queen
Muggle

Postby Selenia » Sunday 4 January 2004 3:23:24pm

I've read the first book 3 times, the second book 4 times, the 3d book 6 times, the 4th book 4 times and the 5th book only 2 times because last month I was reading the lotr series and now that i've finished it, I'll read the OotP again! :grin:
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phinea Rogue » Sunday 4 January 2004 4:45:49pm

I read all the books only once, but I return to them and read parts of them many, many times. But not the whole books again, those parts are enough, perfect for relaxing.
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby Morningstar » Friday 20 February 2004 3:31:16am

I've read them all a grand total of... once! Though I've reread a few of Snape's best parts. I don't even own the books! I "borrowed" them from my lil sister. :grin:
Morningstar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Drifting from Hogwarts to Middle Earth... oh, and reality too

Postby fierce » Saturday 21 February 2004 7:12:28am

The first book i read in the hp series was book 3 (my mum got it for my little sister for christmas one year) - I didn't even know they were a series! Not even after I had finished reading it! Then my older sister goes, "um... i think they follow on from one another". So i went and found the first book and read it (because i was already addicted). I didn't even realise that so many people were so crazy about them, i just thought "this looks like an interesting book".

I think i've read them all about 5 times now. My favourite is probably GoF, but I love them all. I'm re-reading PoA now because the movie'll come out soon and i want to reaquaint myself with everything that happens.

This is going to sound weird, but I consider myself lucky that I was unemployed the weekend HP5 was released. I had paid for it while I still had a job, and then quit my job the week before. Although I finished it in one day, I still needed the next week to re-read it again and again, because I find things different every time I read a book.
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Lupus » Tuesday 16 March 2004 5:11:12pm

I don't really know how many times I've read the books, but I know that I've read CoS only once, since that's my least favorite book so far. I should probably read it again, since JKR hinted that some parts of that book will be really important for book 6.
Lupus
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Galateia » Tuesday 16 March 2004 5:17:18pm

The first three parts about 14 times each and Goblet of fire probably 10. I've read the fifth book only 3 times because the finnish translation came only a few days ago and because it's so big, I didn't have the time to read it in english so many times.
Galateia
Second Year

Postby Alice I » Tuesday 16 March 2004 5:49:20pm

Don't really know as I have lost count :eek:

I am always going through them as reference for the book six that I am writing, but I have still managed to make some mistakes that the folks here have pointed out. :-?

I'm glad you all do that because even though my little boobalas think I'm perfect I'm not :(

:razz:
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby FairyTale » Tuesday 16 March 2004 5:58:52pm

I don't realy know how many times I've read them actually. I've read them all so many times! Whenever I'm bored or sometimes just for fun I'll re-read them and see how fast I can finish them! :lol:
FairyTale
Fourth Year

Postby Celeone » Tuesday 16 March 2004 6:43:54pm

I read the first three twelve times, and book 4 about eight times. The Order of the Phoenix goes under the list with three times.
Celeone
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Fool on the hill » Wednesday 17 March 2004 3:02:31pm

The first book 15 times or more (I was a very, very, very fast reader when I was younger), the second and third about 10 times, the fourth ~ six times and the fifth two times so far.
Fool on the hill
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby L'Oeil de Râ » Wednesday 17 March 2004 7:16:37pm

I read twice the 5 books :D
I read harry potter for the first time in december 2003. I read the books 1,2,3 and 4 in one week then the fifth book was published. Now, I read the fifth book in english :rolleyes: :grin:
L'Oeil de Râ
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby spirit » Wednesday 17 March 2004 11:29:09pm

I've read books 1-3 three or four times and book 4 twice.
I'm in the middle of the fifth book right now for the second time :D
spirit
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

PreviousNext

Return to The Books