a problem about half-blood

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby _tonks_ » Friday 12 August 2005 4:10:35pm

Hi snow_patrol and thank you :-)

how do I sign up for a house and does it mean you seperate users in different houses, so they only can see their own house messages?

Best Regards,

_tonks_
_tonks_
Squib

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 12 August 2005 4:49:16pm

Hi Tonks

You need to go to Usergroups at the top of the page and then subscribe to Gryffindor. It's pretty quick and means that you can see all the messages in the Gryffindor Common Room.

We're seriously lacking in members at the moment and it would be nice to have you Tonks as part of our house!! It's just somewhere you can have general chat about absolutely anything and a place to make friends.

:double jump: :double jump: :double jump: :double jump:
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby _tonks_ » Friday 12 August 2005 5:28:33pm

Hi snow_patrol,

thanks for your offer, I would be glad to join the Gryffindor Common Room. Although I think (most of all since HP and the order of the Phoenix), that I would prefer if the houses weren't really seperated. I like the other houses, too..

Anyway, I will sign up later, thanks.

Regards,

_tonks_
_tonks_
Squib

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 13 August 2005 12:52:30am

You need 25 posts first Tonks... you'll need to develop a relationship in the board to be sorted
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby _tonks_ » Saturday 13 August 2005 2:11:58am

Aha, so there r different boards? Each for every house? Or is it only one, sorry, didn't understand that...

_tonks_ :-)
_tonks_
Squib

Postby Fantasy girl » Saturday 13 August 2005 4:52:43pm

2) Snape realized that it is half blood shaping teh destiny of their world, not purebloods or muggle borns

i agree with you Tanuki.
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Saturday 13 August 2005 11:50:16pm

yes if you look at all the half bloods they are all the movers and shakers of the wizarding world.

heres two examples

hermoine and snape - both seem to be exceeding at wizarding skills and are very smart beyond their years.
Salazar Slytherin
Founder of Slytherin, Death Eater and Owner of Robert The Muggle Eating Dragon

Postby _tonks_ » Saturday 13 August 2005 11:55:01pm

I don't think a pure-blood is better than halfblood or muggleborn, but Snape told Lily a "mudblood", so how can he be proud of being muggleborn himself?

Regards,

_tonks_
_tonks_
Squib

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 14 August 2005 12:24:32pm

Lily = Muggleborn/ Snape= Witch mother... he feels superior on this ismple point. He has at least one wizard parent. On top of that, snape's ego has never been what we call humble. Egotists rarely need god reason to feel better than others
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Beluka » Wednesday 31 August 2005 2:35:14pm

It all seems very hitlerian to me... i think it clearly reflects (especially in snape's case) that people who feel less in front of others become the enemy for their own kind:
snape may not be ashamed of being a half-blood, but if people make him feel bad about it he's bound to try his best to fit, and if he's striving to be the best, he will try to be "the best" of those who made him feel bad in the first place... i don't know if that's clear. maybe not... what i mean is that he joins the enemy and begins hating his own kind to find a better place in the wizarding world (as it seems those think they are the best of the wizarding world). like in real life... the bad guy tends to be the small, weird, bald, outcast, not the "football team captain"...

anyway... does anyone find weird that jk's whole attitude against racism and clasism loses weight when she makes such a clear separation between the houses?? maybe the slytherins wouldn't be so "bad" if they weren't thought of as evil in the first place...
Beluka
Fourth Year

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:32:19pm

But she points out the flaw in the seperation herself. Remember, the sorting hat's admonition to unite. The world is fundamentally flawed, but you do have to admit that the attitude of the Slytherin's has done nothing to change the common opinion. Think of Blaise Zabini and some of the others. I don't remember hearing Zabini's name among the death eaters, but he still referred to Ginny as a Blood Traitor and Hermione as a mudblood
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Beluka » Thursday 1 September 2005 8:24:50am

Yeah, I know she talks about unity through the Sorting Hat and that they have to stick together... Anyway, I think the actual sorting, despite being good at creating society-like environments and promoting competition (which at small doses is good), just makes them want to adjust to the group they belong or are put into. That explains the Slytherins wanting to behave like that, Gryffindors wanting to prove they're cunning and brave, and so on.
But basically, it's 3 houses against 1. I think Dumbledore has talked about this and warned them that they should be closer to Slytherin, try to understand them and invite them to fight at their side instead of leaving them outside of the good side in the "fight".
Beluka
Fourth Year

Postby Tanuki » Thursday 1 September 2005 3:06:32pm

Exactly, they do understand that the sorting is flawed, though I do have to point out that during quidditch games between Slytherin and Gryphindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students did take sides, which means that some chose Slytherin. We only hear about the competition between Slytherin and Gryphindor, but as far as I can tell, the other two houses will pick whomever they like on their own
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Beluka » Thursday 1 September 2005 3:51:46pm

Still... are there any know death eaters from either ravenclaw or hufflepuff?? or gryffindor for that matter...

sorry if i'm digging too deep...
Beluka
Fourth Year

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Thursday 1 September 2005 8:47:24pm

well in PS/SS hagrid said something along the lines of that no witch or wizard had ever "gone bad" except those from slytherin...

and tanuki i agree surely slytherins would have friends or relations in other houses i mean harry knew and got on with lots of people from others...
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

PreviousNext

Return to The Books