Dumbledore's flight

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Centaur Lord » Thursday 21 August 2003 2:33:38am

Now that i actually know what you are talking about, i agree. For some odd reason, i completely missed the part where it mentions the wasp in book 5, which is surprising, seeing as how ive read it 7 times already. Anyway, when Colin said that it was mentioned when he was taking his OWL's i went and looked it up and found it. I really think that it is Dumbledore who was the wasp. Its a bit like the beetle thing in book 4 with Rita Skeeter. JKR kept throwing in small hints, but you dont find out till the end. Theres also the name connection, and names are supposed to mean a lot in these books. In the last chapter of the book (or second to last, cant remember exactly), Dumbledore states that he has been watching Harry closer than even Harry could have guessed. He also mentions things that you never knew Dumbledore knew about, which adds to the fact that Dumbledore is pretty much all-knowing. Even though its a good thing that Dumbledore is watching out for Harry that closely, it would still freak me out. But, we all know that it is all in good earnest. So now, im going to stop rambling and say that i agree.
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 21 August 2003 2:44:31am

Neato...now its got me thinkin' (dangerous I know... :lol: )...where else have we perhaps seen a wasp? I wonder if there were earlier hints supporting this theory...??? :???:

*Meg dashes off to the bookshelf to investigate*
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby yasmane » Thursday 21 August 2003 8:27:50am

Waouh, I didn't see the wasp.
I totally missed it.
I'm going to reread that part because I think you've got an excellent point here.

But just one thing : it must be weird to see a wasp with a beard, don't you think ? :???: :lol: :jump: :grin:
yasmane
Sixth Year

Previous

Return to The Books