horcruxes

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Nightcrawler » Thursday 18 August 2005 4:23:32pm

Not sure how relevent this is to the discussion at hand, but I'll post it anyway in case it's of intrest.

If you go to JKR's website and check the "wizard of the month", you'll find it is Bridget Wenlock. (1202 -1285) Her details are: Famous Arithmancer. First to discover the magical properties of the number seven.
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Broccoli » Tuesday 23 August 2005 1:42:11pm

I read the discussion about the importance of possions here in the thread and I remembered Snape saying at Harry's first possions lesson that possions can stop death or something like that. Is it a hint that he has something to do with the horcruces?
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 31 August 2005 9:01:50am

I am just re-reading CoS again and have picked up that Tom was 15 when he was awarded the special services to the school award. It was a shield that Ron had to polish as punishment for something he did.

Does anyone think Tom might have created a horcrux out of this shield which currently resides at Hogwarts?

He was awarded the shield and then shortly afterwards I think he killed his father, and grandparents.

We know he created the horcrux locket, the horcrux ring when he killed them, the third horcrux created when he killed them could have been either the diary or perhaps the shield? I'm still uncertain as to whether he created the horcrux diary when Moaning Myrtle was killed but because it was the basilisk that killed her I'm not sure.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 31 August 2005 11:23:51am

It doesn't have the proper historical significance or worth, and it is most definitely not magical. It wouldn't fit the requirements for a horcrux in Voldermort's opinion
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 31 August 2005 12:15:17pm

But in some ways it is a trophy for killing Myrtle, hiding his secret for opening the chamber and for getting Hagrid expelled.

The diary was bought in Vauxhall Road, London by Tom and this also had no historical significance.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:25:06pm

He put the memory charm on teh diary... and it's a recollection of his time at Hogwarts, what more historical significance could Voldermort want than teh history dealing with himself? On top of all that, it served a purpose, in that he meant for the diary to be used to reopen the chamber of secrets
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Friday 25 November 2005 10:30:02pm

Heya, Guys, I just thought I'd say this but I can't really be bothered to read the whole topic but...

You know in Divination, How they have those cards with like pictures and stuff...well the main magical symbols are a cup, a sword, a locket and a wand.

Because Voldie was so connected with magic etc. Maybe he believed these symbols were the most magical symbols you can have, so Slytherins locket and Hufflepuff's cup have gone and then the sword, Godric's, but he couldnt get his hands on it or there's a possibitlity the horcrux has gone...and then Ravenclaw's Wand??? Maybe Ollivander has it or something??? And Voldie went rumaging through the shop and then saw Ollivander...and took him or disposed of him or something...
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby horcrux hunter911 » Saturday 26 November 2005 3:13:34am

:-? that is interesting
horcrux hunter911
Second Year

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 27 November 2005 6:17:44am

Where does it says that those are the symbols? I'd really like to have a look there... It sounds sort of right.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Sunday 27 November 2005 6:36:27am

I don't actually know...but I guess I just heard that somewhere...maybe it wasn't even in HP...oh well...just a guess... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 27 November 2005 9:03:48am

Oh well thanks for that completely solid fact then! You must have got it from somehwre though, so it might still be true I suppose...
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby HogwartsHQ » Monday 28 November 2005 1:51:16am

What?
HogwartsHQ
Fully Qualified Wizard

hi

Postby post_baseball89 » Monday 28 November 2005 2:49:57am

hey in HBP, DD tells harry that voldemort is afraid of the dark....just thought it was cool to know

later
post_baseball89
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby HogwartsHQ » Tuesday 29 November 2005 3:36:31am

what page? i don't see it.
HogwartsHQ
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Tuesday 29 November 2005 6:25:51pm

HogwartsHQ wrote:What?

Heya, Guys, I just thought I'd say this but I can't really be bothered to read the whole topic but...

You know in Divination, How they have those cards with like pictures and stuff...well the main magical symbols are a cup, a sword, a locket and a wand.

Because Voldie was so connected with magic etc. Maybe he believed these symbols were the most magical symbols you can have, so Slytherins locket and Hufflepuff's cup have gone and then the sword, Godric's, but he couldnt get his hands on it or there's a possibitlity the horcrux has gone...and then Ravenclaw's Wand??? Maybe Ollivander has it or something??? And Voldie went rumaging through the shop and then saw Ollivander...and took him or disposed of him or something...

That's what Phoenix was talking about ^^^
Scarlet Lioness

PreviousNext

Return to The Books