Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 22 January 2004 6:29:17pm

Marcus Baker wrote:Well if you think about it, JKR can be mean and pick a gril for harry and then he will get off-track with Voldie stuff. Also, she could get in serious trouble with Voldie/Death Eaters...then he would have no choice but to save her...

...like he did with Sirius. Then Harry would go there and LV would be able to capture and kill him. No... definitely, harry can't fall in love for the days coming! It's too dangerous :-?
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 25 January 2004 7:20:45pm

I agree with Jotomicron, Its too dangerous for harry to fall in love just now. All the same, I`d prefer Ginny, she`s matured a lot in OotP.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Seraphine » Tuesday 27 January 2004 11:08:34pm

I'd love Luna to be the one. She and Harry are so "not into each other" now that I think the relationship between them should develop. They understand each other(Harry should understand Cho and vice versa as well, but death of the parent(s) is not the same as a death of someone like boyfriend - I don't know what is worse, death is thrilling, but I reckon that the first one). Otherwise Ginny is very probable.
Seraphine
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 29 January 2004 7:49:20pm

This is to the person who said there's nothing to Ginny on the first page... HA!!!! Ha, ha, ha!
There's a lot to Ginny. Fred and George (who, despite their 3 owls apiece) are powerful, talented wizards, and she gets an endorsement from them. According to Ron, Ginny was best when it came to throwing off the Inquisitorial Squad with her bat-bogey hex. She's determined, she's powerful, and she's straight-forward. I think she's the one who'll end up with Harry.

Also, I like the Harry-Luna possibility. At first glance, Luna is a frikkin annoying character, but as you get to know her (and as Harry gets to know her) she's a lot more likeable and smarter and more talented than she seems. She and Harry seem to understand each other and sympathize with each other.

Ron and Hermione... I'm with the rest of you guys on that: it's a gimme.

Padma and Cho - shallow little twerps.

I say that, if J.K. Rowling goes with romance for all the characters at all, she'll have Harry with either Ginny or Luna, and Neville with the other one. Neville's got a crush on Ginny and always has (the reason he was caught and taken to Umbridge's office with Ron, Ginny and Luna is because he fought when he saw them taking Ginny... he also took her to the Yule Ball.) But I think Neville and Luna could be a fun couple to watch. :-)
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ferrus » Friday 30 January 2004 8:09:55pm

But I think Neville and Luna could be a fun couple to watch.

I totally agree Athena!

I my opinion the "obvious" matches are:

Harry-Ginny

Ron-Hermione

Neville-Luna

But that is only a personal opinion...
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby harrylover » Saturday 14 February 2004 12:01:50pm

i think harry and ginny should become a couple.
at first i didnt like ginny but in the 5th book she is so mature and clever and i really like her now.
i think harry and hermione are only good friends but i think hermione and ron would be exactly right for each other.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Re: Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Postby Valeria » Sunday 15 February 2004 4:56:32pm

I think Hermoine is the best. Luna is a little bit Crazy and Cho is terrible. I dont't like her very well. She cries all the time and I think she loves Cederic, not Harry.

:grin:

Sorry for my terrible English but I am from Germany
Valeria
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 18 February 2004 7:34:22pm

I think Neville and Luna could be a fun couple to watch.

I totally agree with Athena! Afterall sonething good has got to happen to poor old Neville :D
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby natasha » Sunday 22 February 2004 5:59:08pm

Ginny as she and Harry now share a bond! but then id like harry and hermione to get together too, wud love to see how ron would react!!!!
natasha
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 28 February 2004 4:02:08am

I think Luna and Harry will hook up, they have a lot in common, they see the threstials and at the end of OotP Harry sees her in a different light,
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Writer » Thursday 4 March 2004 12:41:29pm

Definately Ginny! It feels to me like JKR has been working towards that.
Writer
Supreme Giver of Names and Female of the Species

The Girl for Harry

Postby Alice I » Monday 8 March 2004 2:35:43am

I believe that Ginny is the girl for Harry. Now that she has gotten over her crush she might be able to see Harry more clearly, and I agree with Kamoku that she developed a personality in Book five that could work well with Harry.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby FairyTale » Sunday 14 March 2004 2:55:25pm

Personally I'd like to see Harry with Parvati just because I'd like the other female options to get with other people besides Harry.

Besides Luna and Neville being a fun couple to watch, I think another fun couple would be Luna and Ron just because they're complete opposites. Although I'm not sure it would last... :lol:
FairyTale
Fourth Year

Postby ReDDragoN » Sunday 14 March 2004 4:20:50pm

I didn't see anyone in first 5 books who will be able to support Harry and stay THE PERSON at the same time. That's why my choice is someone else
ReDDragoN
Squib

Postby Galateia » Sunday 14 March 2004 6:16:03pm

I voted for Ginny Weasley. It can't be Hermione, because she's ment to be with Ron, Cho is stupid and Parvati too. It could also be Luna, after Harry starts to think that she's not loony or crazy. I don't know if Ginny would be the best choice for Harry, but I like Ginny and she has had a crush on Harry. And it's too late for other girls who haven't shown up yet.
Galateia
Second Year

PreviousNext

Return to The Books