Help me please...

Discuss problems and help others. A place for your concerns or worries. Serious discussions only please.

Moderators: Asphodel, Broccoli

Help me please...

Postby Lolita Banana » Thursday 31 July 2003 10:53:03pm

I teach karate with this guy and we are really tight. (good friends) I have feelings for him but he doesn't know it. The good news is that he asked me to go to a dance club with him. The bad is that he told me that he is thinking of moving to South Korea with his brother (who is in the millitary) for at most 2 years. We have been planning on competing nationally in karate. (team forms)
He wants to go but doesn't want to miss his friends or karate instucting. He doesn't know what oppurtunity he will have when he gets back. (he won't have taught~he is really close to opening his karate school now but that might not happen if he goes.)
I want to support him whatever he does but I want him to stay here as well. Not only becuase I like him but because i believe there won't be much oppurtunity for his dreams to happen if he goes. Then again he may never have a chance like this again. I am 16 and he is 19 what should i do or suggest to him?
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby AccioNiffler » Friday 1 August 2003 5:24:21am

If I were you I wouldn't want him to go either. But it would be a great experience. When My dad was 20 he had to go to Korea for a year and a half with the military. It wasn't the most extravegant thing ever, but now he has so many memories and experiences to look back on. And martial arts are so big over there. maybe he could learn a lot more, and so when he comes back to states he could open a school with all these newly learned things. And him being gone would be a test on your friendship. You can communicate through letters and the internet. And maybe that would make it easier for you to tell him that you like him. And when you go to that dance club, pay attention to his body language, how close does he dance with you, etc. Maybe he likes you as more than a friend.
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Gryffindor Student » Friday 1 August 2003 1:37:19pm

AccioNiffler wrote:If I were you I wouldn't want him to go either. But it would be a great experience.

I agree withe Niffler. A great experience should never be missed. It makes ppl wiser. And then when he comes back he can teach more, and possible get more ppl if they find out he has been to Korea. Yes you are going to miss him, but see if he will have an adress and has enough time to write to you while he is over there. 2 years is a while to wait on someone, but look at is as something that has to happen and something that will be a big plus for him. The dance club, do pay attention to how he acts around you. Body language and tone of voice. Good luck to him and you and your hopefully new relationship
Gryffindor Student
Fully Qualified Elf Witch

Postby Lolita Banana » Friday 1 August 2003 5:39:55pm

Hey thanks so much you guys. I love this site, everyone is so compassionate. :-) I'll keep you updated. I go to the club on Sunday and he will make his final desicion about Korea on Tuesday at the lasted. Thanks again!!! :grin:
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 6:50:37pm

Save your money Lola, and then maybe you can buy him a plane ticket back so he can take you to prom...hee hee
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Lolita Banana » Friday 1 August 2003 8:04:08pm

Good idea Meg. I hope he doesn't go. "Fingers crossed."
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby han lin » Saturday 2 August 2003 3:44:16pm

tricky stuff. has he got any idea how you feel at all?

no one likes the idea of someone they care for going away for any length of time, least of all when it may interfere with that persons dreams. Its equally as hard to want sto stop someone from going somewhere where they could learn many new life skills and experience a whole lot.

good luck for the club, as Gryffindor student wrote pay close attention to how the guy is around you.

i hope this post makes sense.
han lin
Hogwarts Guardian of Virtue

Postby Lolita Banana » Saturday 2 August 2003 5:15:08pm

I think he knows how I feel a little. I am too shy to come out and tell him. I'll have more for you tomorrow, thanks for reading. :)
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby AccioNiffler » Saturday 2 August 2003 10:57:56pm

I dont thikn that you should be afraid to tell him because if he goes away for 2 years, then what harm could it cause? know what I mean?
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby han lin » Sunday 3 August 2003 4:08:01pm

telling him may not be a bad idea but you should be very sure before you do.
ohh I'm really curious as to hats gonna happen at the club!!
han lin

Postby Lolita Banana » Sunday 3 August 2003 5:07:45pm

Well he's sucha flirt but i dunno. He seems like he just may be like that. In 7 hours we will find out. I'll tell you guys when i know more.
Thanks for being involved :D
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 4 August 2003 3:14:51am

How did the clubbing go Lola? Was it just you two, or were there more Karate Kids along? Do tell please...

he he he...c'mon Lola...you can do it...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby han lin » Monday 4 August 2003 2:20:35pm

ooohh yeah dish up
how did it go?
han lin

Postby Lolita Banana » Monday 4 August 2003 7:35:05pm

Well...I waited all day for him to call me cause we didn't really set a time for him to pick me up. After a whole buncha other things that went wrong he called and was like can i pick you up now? I said that I hadda be home at 11:30 (decent time i'm only 16) and he was like i dunno if i can do that. I said i couldn't go then. So either he was being really selfish or i concluded that he doesn't like me more then a friend. IT's kinda reliving to come to that conclusion. I dunno if i woulda had fun anyway. Well today he is talking to my karate instuctor (the head one) who is going to tell him what he thinks of going to Korea so i'll have that for you later. Thanks for careing. :(
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby han lin » Monday 4 August 2003 10:48:05pm

bless
what an arse hole.

he may not know how you feel though, ( blokes are notoriously bad at knowing things like that)

*hug*
han lin

Next

Return to St Mungo's