Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby TDM » Friday 16 July 2004 9:54:50pm

yes, DD is Dumbledore. sorry about that, i just sometimes don't feel like typing out his full name.

but yes, DD is one of the most cleverest wizards around, and he (normally) knows when it's most advantageous for something to occur. the normally part is when he admits that he should have told Harry earlier about the prophecy. so, it's possible that DD wanted to keep this a secret a little while longer.
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby *Lily* » Saturday 17 July 2004 6:21:50pm

I agree that DD is briliant. He admits though that he has come to love Harry too much and that sometimes gets in the way of his long term plan. That's why he didn't want to tell Harry about the prophecy. So there really could be more he doesn't want to tell him. But why would he keep something like Harry being the Heir of GG a secret? What could possibly come from that besides that it could have been the reason that Voldemort chose Harry as his opponent rather than Nevile. Maybe if Nevile was the heir of GG (I'm not saying he was!!) than He would have chosen to go to his house that night rather than the potter's. but then we'd be reading Nevile Longbottom and the OotP (and so on) instead... :grin:
*Lily*
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Saturday 17 July 2004 8:24:33pm

Yeah DD is Dumbledore. But don't feel dumb.....before when yall were talking about "GG" I was thinking Gregory Goyle instead of Gryffindor! I was like, " Gregory Goyle for HBP!?!?!? Yall are nuts!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby hoopsmaster88 » Sunday 18 July 2004 12:31:25am

i just thought of something that's so obvious that i can't believe i didn't think of it before, so if anyone else has said this i apologize. jkr said that she removed some information from CoS and is going to put it in HBP, and in CoS harry pulls gg's sword out of the hat. what if the info that she removed was dd telling harry that he is the heir of gg. wouldn't it seem to fit in CoS that harry pulls gg's sword and then later dd tells him that only the true heir of gryffindor would be able to pull it out?
hoopsmaster88
Head of Muggle Games and Sports and Landlord of The Three Broomsticks

Postby *Lily* » Sunday 18 July 2004 7:02:01am

That is so true! That has been my main hold back on Harry being GG's heir is why wasn't it mentioned in CoS but it just seems too possible to me that he is. and -Evil wizard petting Zoo- thanks for making me feel better. I know I'm still a newbie and I have alot of lingo to catch up on... like when Dragonmaster welcomed me to BAO for a moment I thought he was calling me a bad name then it clicked and I laughed at my stupidity.
*Lily*

Postby *Lily* » Sunday 18 July 2004 8:09:48am

Jami: Is Harry related to Godric Gryffindor?
JK Rowling replies -> People are always wondering who Harry might be related to. Maybe he is ;)

that's from the JKR interview on March 4 for world book day for those of you who don't know. I just thought it fit well here...
*Lily*

Postby Mint » Tuesday 20 July 2004 6:18:13pm

i have a question, why is the "half blood" prince can not be Voldemort?
(sorry guys if its smth obvious)
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby harrylover » Tuesday 20 July 2004 6:59:31pm

Jk says on her homepage that´s not harry or voldemort...
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Deedra Malfoy » Tuesday 20 July 2004 7:01:06pm

Really? hmm. okay.

*goes to look at site*

there's a new poll now.
Deedra Malfoy
Trainer of Magical Creatures

Postby harrylover » Tuesday 20 July 2004 7:04:27pm

Yeah I posted it here:

http://broomsticksandowls.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3674

I really love her site!! :grin:
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby TDM » Tuesday 20 July 2004 9:08:54pm

exactly what i was thinking about the cut out material in CoS. i mean, technically, the clues that she has given about who the HBP is fits.

GG was mentioned in Cos.
GG is not Harry or LV (obviously).
GG was delved into a little more.
GG had some potential info that was cut out of Cos.

so now, my vote is with Godric. and, it shall forever be. even if it truly is someone else. then...i go insane, muttering to myself in a corner why it should be GG and not someone else. heh, sorry about that last bit.
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Deedra Malfoy » Wednesday 21 July 2004 5:48:56pm

I'll go with that too. Man, I need to start thinking for myself!
Deedra Malfoy
Trainer of Magical Creatures

Postby Reverie Revenge » Wednesday 21 July 2004 7:30:36pm

Wow, loads of Godric suporters ;)

Though I love the Founders, here I'm biased - it'd be a bit cliche for Harry to be GG's descendant. But on other hand I'm all for it b/c this means further equalisation of powers of both Harry and Voldie. Good proofs, Siana!
I think the most solid proof for Harry is GG's heir is this: DD said to Harry at the end of CoS that only a true Griffindor could oull the sword out. Maybe DD wasn't referring to Hogwarts house but to bloodlines.

Anyway, I'd rather refere to the future than to the past :) --> what if the HBP is not born yet? :???: Not yet begotten??? :o A child of Hermione and Ron??? :grin:
I mean, hello, she's a mudblood (in language of DEs) and he's pure (bloodtraitor for DEs but still technically pure). I'm sure DEs call kids of a mudblood and of a pureblood halfbloods, though both their parents have magical abilities.
The HBP in my theory couldn't fight Voldie but he (or she, who knows?!) would indicate the beginning of new period of history. (((My theory does have a little drawback: I don't think JKR would use DE's language in title of her book :???: But she used it in a chapter title of Cos: chapter 7: Mudbloods and Murmurs.)))
Reverie Revenge
Funny Freaky Fulfiled Fascinating Feminist Freethinker

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Thursday 22 July 2004 8:50:54pm

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I can't come to any sort of conclusion. But whoever was saying it could be GG, put up a pretty convincing arguement, so I'm leaning that way. I just can't decide if the HBP is good or evil.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby *Lily* » Thursday 22 July 2004 10:25:37pm

Reverie wrote:Anyway, I'd rather refere to the future than to the past :) --> what if the HBP is not born yet? :???: Not yet begotten??? :o A child of Hermione and Ron??? :grin:
I mean, hello, she's a mudblood (in language of DEs) and he's pure (bloodtraitor for DEs but still technically pure). I'm sure DEs call kids of a mudblood and of a pureblood halfbloods, though both their parents have magical abilities.

Reverie- I like your theory but firstly Ron and Hermione aren't even together yet. Secondly do you REALLY think that Hermione will have a baby in her 6th year? An out of wed lock teenage pregnancy in a "children's" book? I can hear Hermione now- "That means less studying for my NEWTS!" hehehe I'm sorry Reverie- cute but unlikely....
*Lily*

PreviousNext

Return to Theories