Confrontation on the Astronomy Tower

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Did Snape do...

what was right in killing Dumbledore?
55%
what was easy in killing Dumbledore?
45%

Total votes : 38

Postby dibble2 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 4:25:32am

Snowy wrote:However, I still feel Snape owed James a life-debt for saving Snape's life. I'm a firm believer in an eye-for-an-eye. Because James has passed on, it should pass to Harry.

Plus, that whole "Accidently-having-a-hand-in-James's-murder thing can't help the debt situation too much.
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby niki_192 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:25:56am

i think snape's a bit of a coward wen he killed dd...... he didnt say anything to him or talk to him or explain or anything he just killed him...... i hate snape so much now..... draco just turned out more arrogant than ever in this part
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 9:20:44am

[quote=Froggs"]I don't think Snape was muggle born, he's half blood.[/quote]

Yeah sorry must have been bleary eyed last night. I was thinking about that this morning and realised Doh! Half-blood prince!!

niki_192 wrote:i think snape's a bit of a coward wen he killed dd...... he didnt say anything to him or talk to him or explain or anything he just killed him...... i hate snape so much now..... draco just turned out more arrogant than ever in this part

I think that might be because DD was using Leglimens to give him final instructions.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 9:27:35am

niki you gotta remember that Draco has warped morale and becomes obviously torn in his encounter with DD. Then we find out that his family will die as well as him, you have to feel a little sorry esp when he lowers his wand 4 DD
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:57:55pm

i kinda do feel sorry for him too, but then again if it wasn't for him this might not have happened...
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby dibble2 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 4:41:03pm

Is Snape still a good guy? It depends on who you think it would be easier to convince. Who is the better Legilimens? Dumbledore or Voldemort? Or he could have fooled them both, of course, for his own purposes.
dibble2

Postby blowtorch » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:22:13pm

dibble2 wrote: Or he could have fooled them both, of course, for his own purposes.

Interesting.. may be JKR is getting us all to think of Snape as either a DE or a member of the OotP, while all the time he is plotting the downfall of both, wanting to take over the wizarding world. We know that he is a very powerful wizard, and that he can pull it off.

Though this is probably not the case, (he is either a DE or a OotP member) - may be some fanfiction writer could explore this.
blowtorch
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 6:12:18pm

its a good theory which i think is true to the extent that Snape was playing for both sides! waiting to see which one to join, this could still be the case even after he killed as he may have been asked to do it
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby dibble2 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 9:19:57pm

It isn't my theory...can remember where I read it but it was in these forums, so all credit to whoever wrote it first. My personal belief stands at: Dumbledore dead, Snape still a good guy.
dibble2

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Saturday 23 July 2005 8:19:27pm

What if DD and snape were communicating when DD died? DD knew that snape was good at occlumency(SP?), so maybe he was thinking that he wanted snape to kill him and snape broke into DD's mind and saw that, so he like, just did it... or is occlumency (sp?) only for memories?
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby digby202 » Sunday 24 July 2005 1:23:46am

I dont think DD would use legilimens (SP) against snape, it doesnt seem like his style. Sort of a betrayal of trust. Thats just how DD is for me
digby202
Second Year

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Sunday 24 July 2005 2:04:38am

dibble2 wrote:
Or he could have fooled them both, of course, for his own purposes.

I think Snape may be neither good nor bad...like dibble2 said maybe he fooled both sides for his own sake... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 24 July 2005 7:59:28pm

digby202 wrote:I dont think DD would use legilimens (SP) against snape, it doesnt seem like his style. Sort of a betrayal of trust. Thats just how DD is for me

Well, I didnt exactly mean "break in" i meant more along the lines of, he just like got in, nothing was stopping hime, like i mean DD wanted snape to see it, he WANTED snape to kill him, and he wanted it known, so... he just thought it, and snape saw it b/c he was meant to.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 24 July 2005 8:09:35pm

I knew what you meant Dorkwad...sort of like the 2 of them corresponding with each other via "mindreading"
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Snow_Crystal » Thursday 4 August 2005 6:02:06pm

Read this - quite interesting...

On www.jkrowling.com in the Rumours section.

Question: When the Marauder's Map is insulting Snape, how did Prongs write his insult he's dead?

Answer: Wizards have ways of making sure their voices are heard after their death - think of Bertha Jorkins rising out of the Pensieve in Goblet of Fire, The Sorting Hat continuing to Spout words of wisdom of the Founders hundreds of years after their deaths, the ghosts walking about Hogwarts, the portraits of dead headmasters and mistresses in Dumbledore's office, not to mention Mrs Black's in number twelve Grimauld Place...there are other examples too, of which the Marauder's Map is merely one. It is not really Prongs writing the insult to Snape, it is as though he left a magical recording of his voice within the map

How interesting....I'm intrigued and can't wait to see what she's got in store for us. I think she means that people who have died may reappear somehow.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

PreviousNext

Return to Theories