The significance of Draco Malfoy

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Hermione Weasley » Friday 1 August 2003 9:41:04pm

Meg Boyd wrote:hmmm...I think Draco actually tried to befriend Harry because like all bullies they have a low self esteem. Draco prolly just wanted to boost his self esteem by making himself friends with the most obvious choice of The Most Popular and Powerful kid in their year. He feels bitter because Harry chose not to be friends with the other powerful kids in his year (draco is monetarily powerful, while Crabbe and Goyle have brawn) but with kids that (according to the Malfoy family) are not even fit to be wizards: A Pure-Blood from a Muggle Loving Family, and a Muggle-Born...
So Draco is now bitter...trying to drag Harry down in order to make himself look good...I think his father only worsens it, not eggs it...but now i think it will be different...

The last part that you said about his father not egging it on. I don't agree with mainly because it seems that draco only listens to his father and will do anything his father asks him to do.If you read some of things he says like your going to regret that harry b/c blah blah... not a direct quote but something like that, i think draco's father makes the whole situation worse.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Hermy » Monday 4 August 2003 9:57:57am

I am interested in the idea if Harry saving Draco and Draco being indebted to him. A bit like Snape and James Potter perhaps. They hated each other and in PoA they said that a prank went wrong causing James to have to save Snape. It was the bit with Lupin turning into a werewolf.

Could something similar happen? I can see Harry setting some kind of prank up for Malfoy and then feeling guilty if it went wrong and saving him.
Hermy
Magizoologist

Previous

Return to Theories