Harrys godmother

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Gwared » Wednesday 9 July 2003 10:15:54am

Logically thinking about it:

Harry's Godfather was on his dads side chosen as his fathers best friend and best man at his wedding.

Harry's Godmother will come from his mothers side and the only choices I can see are Petunia and the mother of the Evans boy Dudley beat up at the start of OotP.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Hermione Weasley » Wednesday 9 July 2003 5:57:59pm

I really don't think its petunia it seems to make sense yes but way to predictable. I believe it is whoever was lily's maid of honor at her wedding aka her best friend.Remember when harry looked into snapes pensive and saw lily and james and james' friends picking on snape and lily was with a bunch of girls i am sure it is one of them who is harry's godmother
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 13 July 2003 6:01:38am

Honestly, I dont' think that Harry has a Godmother... it's not necessary after all... (I only have a Godfather, no Gmother..)

I think that if Mrs W was it, she would haev spoken up by now, and same goes for McGonagall... They wouldn't have kept it hidden for 5yrs, esp not if they were close enough to the Potters to be named Godmother!

I like highscorers idea about Harry's home life getting progressively better, and school worse, it seems to fit rather well. And about the yr out that someone was, well, we never know what will happen at the end of Book 6! Maybe the Durselys move coutnry, and Harrry is left to himself, woudn't that be an awesome break for him!!!

I like Lupin becoming a kind of father figure for Harry, but then I still think that Lupin is going to die, and so in that respect, I hope that he doesnt' ebcome all fatherly. And with DD, I just dont' know what to think about that!!!
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Elektra » Thursday 17 July 2003 4:14:38pm

Petunia hated Lily ever since she was accepted at Hogwarts, so I don't think she is Harry's godmother. If it were one of the caracters we know already (and given that the person is mentally sain (other than Alice Longbottom)), they would have spoken up by now.
So probably it's a new caracter who will be introduced soon.
Maybe someone everybody thinks dead or possessed (by Voldie or a demon) or somebody who got lost somewhere (like in the Avalon legends: people think having stayed there for 2 days and when they come out, ten years have passed...)

Elektra
Certified Fortuneteller and Potionmaker (Univ. of Avalon, Montreal Institue of Witchcraft)
Unicornwhisperer (Collegium doolittleiensis, Puddleby)
Elektra
Squib

Postby Eol » Saturday 9 August 2003 9:33:10pm

I agree with Elektra. Harry's Godmother opens up opportunities for a new character. All this time the focus has been on James' life; Quidditch, The Marauders, the constant comparisons between Harry and his father. Not once have we heard, "you acted just as your mother would have". The next books might readress the balance
Eol
Lightning Bearer

Previous

Return to Theories