Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby selene » Thursday 7 July 2005 3:56:27pm

it's probably someone we've already met but don't consider as beeing the hbp. or mentioned together with others.
i don't know who it is

it would be helpful if we know what is meant by halfblood, is it half-muggle, half-giant, half-... watever

lupin is in my opinion a great candidate, but then again he has enough as it is: he was a teacher, he is a werewolf and had a rough childhood, he is in the order, he's one of the marauders, ...
selene
Collector of Books and Knowledge

Location: living in aunt maharet's library, watching the stack of books i want to read grow bigger and bigger

THE ANSWERS

Postby spanna661 » Sunday 17 July 2005 4:06:40pm

I'm a bit new at this, and I'm not sure whether it's allowed, but here I go:
WARNING

IF YOU WISH TO BE SURPRISED< DO NOT READ ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, so long as thats sorted. I got my book 2 minutes after it was officially released, and have read it twice since then. The half-blood prince is..................Snape. His father was a muggle and his mother's name was Eileen Prince.

Right, that's this books mystery sorted, now we just have to wait till the last book comes out!
spanna661
Muggle

THE ANZWERS contd

Postby spanna661 » Sunday 17 July 2005 6:54:16pm

Oh, and by the way, the mystery for the next book is: Who has the enitials R.A.B who works against voldemort? I haven't got time to go in to it now, but whoever has read the end of the book will know what I'm on about!
spanna661
Muggle

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 17 July 2005 10:10:40pm

Spanna, PLEASE read the important notes from the site administrator at the top of the forum page. We are NOT supposed to be posting spoilers from the Half Blood Prince in this area. There is a special area designated for those of us who have read the book.

I reported the post to the Mods in case they may be able to move your post to the appropriate area.
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby spanna661 » Monday 18 July 2005 10:15:38am

I said I was new. So much for this forum. If people treat me ike that then I won't bother. Go get a life!
spanna661
Muggle

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Monday 18 July 2005 10:39:50am

Spanna, My apologies. I was mistaken. For some reason I thought this was in another area. In case you haven't come back here I will PM you to make a proper apology! I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and accept complete responsibility. I was the one at fault, not you!

Off to PM you right now!

Editted to add:
Folks this was MY mistake! I have PM'd Spanna to apologize! I would swear I had read this post elsewhere on the site, not in the HBP section, but apparently I was mistaken. But again, I have made a personal apology to Spanna and clearly was just being a dumb*ss myself! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Ginny Potter » Monday 18 July 2005 12:23:15pm

Gran Longbottom wrote:Spanna, My apologies. I was mistaken. For some reason I thought this was in another area. In case you haven't come back here I will PM you to make a proper apology! I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and accept complete responsibility. I was the one at fault, not you!

Off to PM you right now!

Editted to add:
Folks this was MY mistake! I have PM'd Spanna to apologize! I would swear I had read this post elsewhere on the site, not in the HBP section, but apparently I was mistaken. But again, I have made a personal apology to Spanna and clearly was just being a dumb*ss myself! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually...I don't think you did make a mistake about where these posts originally were...this thread has 17 pages of posts, and if you look at the dates of the posts, they go way back before HBP even came out, so there's no way this thread was created in this section two days ago. This thread was originally in the Books area (where I saw it as well) and must have been moved to this area by a mod when someone noticed the spoilers...

That being said, I hope you'll give this place another try, Spanna. Like other forums, I presume, we're having new posters come on, which is great, but some have accidentally posted about the new book in areas where people who haven't finished the book are reading, thus spoiliing them. We just want to make sure people aren't spoiled, but we'd love to read your thoughts in these areas with people who have finished the books. It isn't personal, but imagine how it would feel to be spoiled part way through reading the book? I know you didn't intend it, so hope to see more of your posts in the HBP areas. :-)
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby Phinea Rogue » Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:32:54pm

It's funny reading the old posts now when we know who the HBP is. Look what I've written one:

At the moment (it changes every day) I've got the feeling that the HBP is Snape. We don't know much about him and the fact that he's a Slytherin doesn't necessarily mean he's also a pure-blood (besides, he wasn't on that Black tapestry). But I guess I have this feeling only because I like Snape so much and would like to see him more often...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But my opinion was changing every single day... :lol:
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby thestral » Thursday 21 July 2005 10:59:36am

good guess!!! i reckon everyone who made a correct prediction should get a place on the thread of glory...nah too much work!!! :lol: or maybe we should call round at your house just to ensure that you aren't JKR toying with us....hmmm
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Fweegal » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:03:59am

I wonder how often she posts in forums.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:04:06am

mmmm...Good point thestral maybe Jk has been on this site all along...mmmm :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Fweegal » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:06:00am

Damn, my secrets out!!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:09:48am

she says on her website that she NEVER posts on any forum. but i think she probably gets a sneaky one in there every once in a while. maybe as a test audience to gauge their reactions to certain plotlines under the guise of someone who knows absolutly nothing.
thestral

Postby Fweegal » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:17:02am

I think she does. She must. The temptation would surely be too great. I know I would anyway!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Thursday 21 July 2005 11:20:37am

i know it would be so much fun to know everything and read all the different theories. you'd feel a bit like a puppet master, mwahahahaha, i control you all...

also JK seems quite mischievious and i wouldn't put it past her.
thestral

PreviousNext

Return to Theories