Wormtail

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 15 March 2004 5:13:27pm

like i always say, that's the fun thing about theories... being able to speculate without having much to go on...

I think that bit in GoF when Wormtail suggests that they use any other wizard and then cowers should be taken into consideration, even if his motives were part because he knew Harry would be hard to get ahold of... actually, he would have known better than anyone else (as Harry's best friend's pet) that Harry could easily be drawn into situations that would have him unprotected...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Alice I » Monday 15 March 2004 5:19:04pm

Athena Appleton wrote:like i always say, that's the fun thing about theories... being able to speculate without having much to go on...

I think that bit in GoF when Wormtail suggests that they use any other wizard and then cowers should be taken into consideration, even if his motives were part because he knew Harry would be hard to get ahold of... actually, he would have known better than anyone else (as Harry's best friend's pet) that Harry could easily be drawn into situations that would have him unprotected...

I agree with Athena. I think now and thought when I first read it that wormtail didn't want to use Harry because Harry spared his life. I guess we will find out in the upcomming works.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 16 March 2004 11:29:58pm

Unless, Wormtail had some sort of idea of what using Harry would mean. We know that DD 'has a look of triumph' so he obviously knows what using Harry means, maybe Wormtail does too and is scared about what could happen??
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 17 March 2004 12:42:43am

I really didn't associate the two.....

Are we sure that Wormtail will help Harry in any way? Maybe what Dumbledore meant was that his concience would prick him, but I don't think there's some magical thing that would force him to have to help Harry when/if the time came...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Alice I » Wednesday 17 March 2004 12:51:22am

Athena Appleton wrote:I really didn't associate the two.....

Are we sure that Wormtail will help Harry in any way? Maybe what Dumbledore meant was that his concience would prick him, but I don't think there's some magical thing that would force him to have to help Harry when/if the time came...

I'll look it up later but I am pretty sure that DD said that when Harry saved Peter's life a bond was created between them that would make Harry glad at some point that he did this. I got the impression that this is a special bond between wizards and must have greater significance.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 17 March 2004 1:58:33am

I don't know, I just got the idea that it would be something similar to the James/Snape thing... Snape tried to repay James's saving his life, but it was grudgingly, and I don't think he HAD to do it...
Athena Appleton

Postby KAT1E43 » Wednesday 17 March 2004 10:48:18pm

i think that "small part in CoS that will be big in book 6" has something to do with wormtail.
KAT1E43
Muggle

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 18 March 2004 4:29:17am

Really? Like what?

Off topic a tiny bit, but I got to thinking, and nearly drove myself nuts... One thing I think might be the "one small thing in CoS" is the way Lockheart constantly introduces himself as "Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's most handsome smile award" or something along those lines... there are only two mentions of the Dark Force Defense League... the first is Lockheart's constant referal to his honorary membership, and the second is that a spokesperson from the Dark Force Defense League says something to help the anti-Harry propaganda that the Daily Prophet is causing... there might be something fishy about the Dark Force Defense League...
Athena Appleton

Previous

Return to Theories