The Second Trailer coming

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 15 April 2004 1:07:48am

because of the above mentioned poo poo computer, I haven't been able to see for myself... however, a very wonderful Alice sent me a video of it, and the video contained the harry potter webpage... there were only two trailers listed
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby fierce » Thursday 15 April 2004 9:35:32am

I saw the first trailer last night when i went to see "win a date with Tad Hamilton" with my sister. As soon as i saw the WB logo, i went 'YAY!' and some girls up the back of the cinema laughed at me. I didn't care. Too exciting! Everyone laughs at the bit where the maid goes "i'll come back later" in a huffy way.

I think there are only two trailers. there's that one, and then the one where you see hermione hit draco and ron & hermione holding hands.

Oh and what is with that rastafarian floating head on the bus on the second trailer? was that in the book? maybe i just imagined something completely different and so i couldn't connect the two up?
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 16 April 2004 5:05:53am

i kinda think that's supposed to be ernie...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby fierce » Monday 19 April 2004 10:31:51am

Well i read back over that part of the book, and Ernie is the busdriver (which is shown basically the same as in the book - white hair & beard etc). Perhaps it's meant to be Stan, but i don't think that's right either, because it doesn't say anything about Stan being Jamaican, and about him being a floating head... I'm so confused.
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Monday 19 April 2004 4:43:54pm

me too, and there are pictures of stan and its not him. ummm...
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Alice I » Tuesday 20 April 2004 9:53:41pm

I think we are going to see all sorts of odd stuff in this movie thanks to the director of this film. I am not sure I am liking this new director too much.
The head is his idea I am sure of it. :evil:
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby choki » Wednesday 21 April 2004 9:14:00am

A knight bus ghost maybe, except this one got his body chopped off. :razz:
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 21 April 2004 4:44:47pm

i think he istrying to bring more humuor to the film!

i agree with Alice, the new director is Hollywoodising the films too much!!!!
Nobby

Postby Quidditchmaniac » Saturday 1 May 2004 10:25:14pm

Hi,I'm new and I saw the new trailer a few days ago and I thought it was good but I'm still not sure about the movie.I hope it lives up to its expectations cos prisonor of azkaban is one of the best books :grin:
Quidditchmaniac
Muggle

Postby Female_alien » Saturday 1 May 2004 10:30:31pm

:welcome: Welcome Quidditchmaniac!! Hope you'll enjoy posting here...

I hope they'll do/did the good job too cause the book rocks
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Paul » Sunday 2 May 2004 10:44:18pm

Chris Coumbus did such a wonderful job with books 1 and 2, so I was initially really scared that Alfonso Cuaron would try to change things and personalise it far too much with his own style, whatever his style may be, and drift away from the feeling of the first two movies and the books. However, I saw the trailer (I think it was the first one) when I went to see Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, and it really impressed me. I still hope, as Alice, Nobby and others have indicated, that there's not too much stuff added which isn't in the books, but so far, from the trailer, I've got positive thoughts that it'll be really good.

I'm partiularly intrigued to see how Hogsmeade is portyayed. The trailer seemed to show Ron, Hermione and Harry on a rolling hill at one point, which I'm thinking may have been the hill to the Shrieking Shack. I remember thinking it looked surprisingly bright. From the books I have an idea of Hogsmeade being an old, slightly grey looking village, but clean and welcoming...with the feeling of the wilderness beyond.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby Nobby » Thursday 6 May 2004 10:48:05am

i totally agree!!!! Welcome Quidditchmaniac! :grin:
Nobby

Postby Alice I » Wednesday 12 May 2004 8:08:16pm

I just saw the second trailer in the theater and I saw something that I had not noticed before.
In the very last scene when Harry is standing and pointing his wand and yelling Expecto Patronum there is someone standing behind him in the background.
It looks like he is standing in the forest or near it, which I am assuming is when he produced the patronis that actually drove off all the dementors so who is that standing behind him?
I wonder if this director had Hermione leave Hagrid's cabin as well as Harry. That is the only thing I can think of.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Thursday 13 May 2004 10:06:44am

*goes off to have a look*
Nobby

Previous

Return to The Movies